Yohji Yamamoto S/S 10 Paris

Inaya, I had no idea... Poor Yohji! :o:cry:
I'm hoping everything works out for him. :heart:

*How is CDG doing business wise?

I am so tired of holes/shredding/etc. I know deconstruction is his thing, but this is half-***ed and at this point I can get a shredded piece from Forever21, and I wouldn't expect him to do that when its been done to death atm.

I do like the suiting though

the more i look at this, the more i think softgrey is right on the money...

although i agree with inaya that this does not really feel like limi. if it was more like limi--more quirky, a little humorous--it might actually work.

some of the shirt dresses are lovely and elegant, but on the whole
i feel as though this were designed by a stranger. :doh:

The details are great. Moth-eaten and rotting.
Can't be bothered to look at all of the HQs quite yet.

worst disappointment of the season.

yohji gone sexy punk ?!
a big accident.

the holes are more beautiful than in balmain. and the flower print dress look delicate.
but just NO !

NO - everything !

This is the first time that a Yohi show doesnt make me feel anything at all. The clothes don´t look sincere. It seemed like any other designer could have done the same (actually most of them are doing sexy punk). The moth beaten floral dresses are rather interesting but the rest lack emotion.
I might undestand the whole collection better if the´s house is going under serious finantial troubles. Going safe could bring new customers even if the "old" ones feel dissaponinted. Wouldn´t like to be in his shoes anyway.

Review
WWD:
Years ago, when Yohji Yamamoto showed an Irving Penn-inspired collection in his atelier, it marked the beginning of a run of lavish, haute-inspired collections which individually and as a collective marked a genuine fashion moment. The show Yamamoto showed Friday evening was the antithesis of such opulence. Rather, returning home felt like a deliberate statement of frugality, one not limited to saving the rental fee for an outside venue.

Yamamoto also explored austerity of design in a strong lineup that worked a snappy-gentle dichotomy, even if glum hair and makeup tried hard to camouflage the prettiness of the clothes. He opened soberly with a lean, long suit but then started baring shoulders and chopping skirts into minis, often ditching jackets in favor of crisp white shirts, some with puffed shoulders, that introduced a Victorian air. It was all delightfully fresh, and, by Yohji standards, as spare as it gets.

Or so one thought, until Yamamoto turned to the subject of decomposition. In a season of too much faux tattering, T-shirts appliquéd with random, ratty circles looked genuinely edgy, but when paired with holey-moley pants, the impoverishment turned too perfect. Not so, however, for the series of delicate wallpaper-print floral dresses and jackets. Seemingly discovered in an attic after being forgotten for generations, they bore their wistful decay with elegiac grace.

Not typical Yohji which I beloved, however considering his poor situation, I guess he has to compromise maybe, he's such a great designer, hope everything finally come out OK for him.

I get more of a Margiela vibe from this - and certainly the designs have been pared. Limi Feu won't be able to deliver the cut and construction like this. It's still lovely, and Yohji will always be my great love.:heart:^_^

Mmm, I'm also not really feeling this collection...it's definitely lacking his usual edge, although I love the idea of him and Limi Feu switching places.

+ also... speaking of Yohji, do you guys know he is doing terribly? his house is being threatened of being bought out... and even Pollyanna can't afford to stock him anymore which is a crazy shame. :(
:o I didn't know things were that bad. I heard down the grapevine that he was actually not going to show in Paris this year to cut costs, although I refused to believe those rumors...so thankfully he still put on a show (albeit not one that I was hoping for..) but really hope to he doesn't get bought out!

*How is CDG doing business wise?

Sorry to go a bit OT, but regarding CDG...I have no numbers to go off from, but just judging from the number of PLAY t-shirts/Converses around town, or the huge train station banners for the launch of CDG Black (unusual for CDG?), I'm guessing they're doing pretty well. At least much better than Yohji I suppose. :doh:

a bit like pris (daryl hannah) in some way

catwalking

Attachments

• YAMA_BS_SS10_0083.jpg
    YAMA_BS_SS10_0083.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 4
  • YAMA_BS_SS10_0047.jpg
    YAMA_BS_SS10_0047.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3
  • YAMA_BS_SS10_0059.jpg
    YAMA_BS_SS10_0059.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 2
  • YAMA_BS_SS10_0011.jpg
    YAMA_BS_SS10_0011.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1
  • YAMA_BS_SS10_0073.jpg
    YAMA_BS_SS10_0073.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1
thanks for those pictures^ I loved the hair! like cobwebs and flax. i wonder what the inspiration was.. it looks like two women, younger one at the back and an older one at the front.

even with all the hairspray it moves quite nice

i miss my billowy, elegant, floating collection that he usually exhibit..

this looks like a very2 commercialized collection of yohji done by limi's assistant.

funny gius, I thought the other way, younger one at the front.
what I had thought of at first was replicant at the front and alien at the back.
but as a whole it's a bit more like a labyrinth.

sherilynconnelly.com
filmdope.com
movietrain.net

Attachments

• Jareth_Goblin_King_7.jpg
    Jareth_Goblin_King_7.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
  • david-bowie-as-jareth-the-goblin-king-in-labyrinth1.jpg
    david-bowie-as-jareth-the-goblin-king-in-labyrinth1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
  • darylhannah_bladerunner.jpg
    darylhannah_bladerunner.jpg