Yohji Yamamoto S/S 10 Paris

it seems that he said at the backstage, "that yohji yamamoto is dead"
that might have had something to do with the vintage rayban he had to wear.
hope it was the bottom of his desperation and that he thinks all he can do is a rise.

even if I find this collection rather weak, I certainly think he will rise from the ashes, go yohji go, as he used to write in his Y's leathers

Sayonara Yohji?
Lauren Milligan
14 January 2010

AFTER filing for protection from its creditors last October, it seemed that Yohji Yamamoto had found a saviour in private equity fund Integral Corp - which had agreed to finance the company's restructuring - but it seems the jubilation may have been short-lived as the brand has closed both its New York stores.

New York retail industry website RACKED.COM posted pictures of the shuttered Y's store on Grand Street SoHo, yesterday, and reported that the Gansevoort Street boutique also has the windows papered over with a simple note reading "CLOSED" on the door.

However, a spokesperson for the brand confirmed this afternoon that Yamamoto will show as usual at the ready-to-wear shows in Paris next month.

Yamamoto's Y-3 line, which is owned by Adidas, is expected to be unaffected by the trials besieging his eponymous company.

vogue.co.uk

Attachments

• 00340big_320x480.jpg
    00340big_320x480.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
I'm a bit surprised how halfway or even irresponsible their report is.
it had never been a jubilation. and closing the NY stores had been planned back then, and they just did it.

oh wow,i feel bad for yohji fans in NY but i suppose barney's is always a nice alternative?

and i dunno what to make of the news. i can only speculate that the company is only trying to skim things down.

I'm a bit surprised how halfway or even irresponsible their report is.
it had never been a jubilation. and closing the NY stores had been planned back then, and they just did it.

i agree,runner. i find that a bit reprehensible to say they were celebrating anything and that finding the backer never implied the trouble was ever actually over for the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw,runner,i missed your post above with the images of pris from bladerunner and i must say it's obvious that was a huge influence on the look.

limi in this stuff
says "this is not balmain but yohji"

ameblo

Attachments

• o0480085410436346855.jpg
    o0480085410436346855.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member