Your Beauty Routine

Kissablekae, I'm so glad you shared your story with me! THANK YOU! The reason for this is that I'm the SAME way with my hair.... i've been coloring it since I was 14 (at first, lots of highlighting, and since I'm naturally black-haired, that entailed LOTS of bleaching!). Anyway, I'm 23 now, and twice now, I've ended up coloring my hair 3 times in less than a month (I did it at home, disliked it, redid it two days later, then finally went to my stylist to get it fixed. This happened TWICE in the last year).
So, as you can imagine, my hair has gone to hell.... and considering I'm very picky about what I use and how I look, I'm pretty upset. I've tried a bunch of different shampoos, etc. but since I have dry, fine hair, when I "volumize" my hair gets super oily... and when I use "normal" shampoos, I dont feel my hair gets properly conditioned.

Anyway, my point: I've heard about only using Kerastase Bain Satin 3 with no shampoo, to clean hair and keep fine hair un-oily.... and not to use conditioner. If that's what you did and it helped, then I'm ready to start doing that! :smile: I just didnt want to go out and buy Keastase when it's so pricey, and not have it work.

Thanks again, Kissablekae! And anytime you want to share more info, please do! :smile:

One more thing, Kissablekae... you said you're considering sticking only to BS 3.... does that mean that you're using other products now? What exactly is your hair routine?

aureate said:
You might want to take a look at review sites like makeupalley.com or essentialdayspa.com's forum area. There are lots of info and it might help you :smile:

Thanks, Aureate! I appreciate the info! :smile::heart:

utopia said:
I must be abnormally conservative in my use of products :lol: I just don't like exposing my face to many chemicals and things like that.

Haha I'm the same way...I'm actually kind of shocked to see how much time people spend on their skin care. I just wash it with cheap products like Cetaphil and Clean and Clear and my skin is pretty clear thanks to them. People don't realize that you don't need to splurge big on skin products- quantity does not necessarily mean quality.

As for my hair, I wash it every day with, again, cheap products, like Suave and Sunsilk. Sometimes I spray it with a shine product, but not usually. I hate putting gunk into my hair. I also either flat iron it or put my it in braids the night before and then wake up with wavy hair.

I don't put on a lot of makeup- concealer under eyes, mascara, and a little blush will do. Oh, and eyeliner.

I guess you can say I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my beauty routine. :P

luvmelots1983,

i tried to go back to my barely used Joico shampoo & conditioner for colored hair..i did that for about two days. im back to using BS3 already! i think its just the right balance in moisture. the Joico combo didnt do anything great with my hair..i was scared of it getting too dry again and because i experienced a lil bit of static & flyaways/baby hairs stuck up after using it.

oo i can totally relate to the dying the hair multiple times in a short amount of time. i always go to extremes and its mostly at home color so its always super dark or super light..probably not good but i just do what i feel like at the moment. i think as long as you(meaning everyone in general) have got good shampoo and dont heat style too much then you should be fine.

im definitely going to stick to Kerastase for as long as it works for me, why mess with a good thing? plus the small bottle is lasting as long as those huge pump ones(6 months! and i had to use ridiculous amounts of shampoo and conditioner)..right now im going on my 4th month of BS3.

^ do you use a conditioner after shampooing? You and I seem a lot alike (ie: very impulsive, and therefore end up with the same problems :smile: ) so I'm going to try out your routine, if that's ok. :smile:

BS3 then follow with Lait Vital conditioner which is great because its very light, its a great combo but i wont be repurchasing the conditioner because i havent finished the bottle(since i feel like my hair has 'recovered', ive stopped using it but its nice to have for when hair needs it for whatever reason like repairing it after too much heatstyling..which i try to avoid). good luck with everything, luvmelots1983!

Morning
Cleansers: Precleanse and Essential cleansing solution
Toner: Multi active toner
Cream: Intensive moisture balance

Evening
Cleansers: Precleanse and Essential cleansing solution
Toner: Multi active toner
Cream: Skin smoothing cream

5 times a week: Daily Microfoliant
Once a week: Skin prep scrub and Multivitamin masque

I love what the Dermalogica products are doing for my skin and I wouldn't change a thing. My skin has never been better...^_^

Tushka_BeLLa said:
^^^ I wish I could afford Dermalogica... their products work wonders.

Yes, they really do. I buy my products on the internet and it saves me a lot! :smile:

I've gone back to using authentic black soap from Nigeria. It helped keep my skin clear in the past.
I moisturize with a mix of aloe vera gel and tea tree oil.

for my complexion I use Juice Organics skin brightner, it's a very light weight moisturizer.

my skin regime is blase for now, I might get a slew of products from Jurlique in a month or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
AM
Shiseido Purifying Cleanser
Darphin Arovita Fluid
Terax Latte Shampoo
Terax Conditioner

PM
as AM

Twice Weekly
Kiehls Clay Mask
Philosophy The Greatest Love Scrub

As Needed:
Enthromycin for spots
Jurlique Lip Balm

SKIN CARE...
Cleanser: Proactiv Combination Therapy Cleanser
Toner: Proactiv Repairing Toner
Lotion: Proactiv Repairing Lotion (really drying)
Moisturizer: Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer (really soothing)
Mask: Proactiv Refining Sulfur Mask
Exfoliant: Bliss Steep Clean Exfoliant/Mask
Eye Makeup Remover: Loreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
Lip Balm: Burt's Bees Beeswax/Honey Lip Balm and Bigelow "My Favorite Lip Balm" Shea Butter and Honey gloss/balm
Eyelash curler: MaxFactor eyelash curler (really gets a great grip on lashes and gives them a nice, strong bend)

<I often don't wear any makeup at all but I ALWAYS curl my eyelashes and brush/shape my eyebrows. Also, lip balm is always a must!!>

HAIR CARE...
Shampoo and Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek
Hair Mask: Burt's Bee's Avocado Hair Mask
Leave-In: Garnier Fructis Long 'N Strong
Hairspray: Big Sexy Hair

BODY CARE...
Lotion: Either Burt's Bees Milk and Honey lotion or Victoria's Secret Love Spell Body Butter
Body Spray: Sometimes I mist Bath and Body Works Aloe Vera spray after getting out of the shower.

Skin care:

Cleanser: Sensilis Pure Purifying Cleansing Gel.
Toner: Sensilis Pure Matt Effect Tonic.
Moisturizer: Kanebo Sensai Silk Emulsion (Light).
Exfoliant: Biotherm Biosource gel exfoliant clarifiant.
Mask: I need to buy a new one.

I keep my routine as simple as possible.
I wash my face and my body with Dove cream bar and then i use Dove Beauty Body moisturiser and Biotherm Hydra Detox cream for the face
For my hair i just use L'Oreal Elvive or Fructis products.
I prefer to let my skin breathe and just use maxfactor mascara and urban decay 24/7 eyeliner.

My other must haves are Sun Labs dark sunsation self tanner (only for the face because i prefer to tan naturally on my body) and Lancome Miracle perfume

Your favorite skin care questionnaire

Tell my please what are your favorite: :flower:^_^:D:heart::P
face
1. cleanser
2. toner/lotion
3. cream/moisturizer
4. facial mask
5. exfoliator
6. make-up remover
body
6. shower gels/soaps
7. body lotions/creams
8. anticellulite/firming treatment if you use any
9. body exfoliator
10. hand/foot cream

11. lip balm or lip treatment
12. perfume

hair
13. shampoo/conditioner
14. mask or other treatments

make-up
15. foundation
16. powder
17. blush
18. mascara
19. lipstick/lipgloss
20. eyeshadow
21. eyeliner

Thank you for answering :smile: :flower:

I hope it's ok that I don't answer every category, because I don't use products in all categories! :flower:

FACE
1. Cleanser Dove Beauty Bar
2. Toner/lotion Dove Sensitive Skin Facial Lotion

BODY
6. Shower gels/soaps Dove Deep Moisture Beauty Body Wash, Philosophy Shower Gel
7. Body lotions/creams The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter, St. Ives Aloe & Chamomile Lotion, Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion
11. Lip balm or lip treatment Rosebud Salve, The Body Shop Almond Lip Butter, Carmex Tube Lip Mositurizer
12. Perfume Gucci Envy Me, Ralph Lauren Ralph Cool, Clinique Happy Heart

HAIR
13. Shampoo/conditioner Dove Beautifully Clean Shampoo/Dove Beautiful Care Conditioner

MAKE-UP
16. Powder Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer, MAC Bronzing Powder
17. Blush Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush
18. Mascara Almay Intense i-Color Lengthening Mascara
19. Lipstick/lipgloss MAC Lipglass, MAC Lipstick, Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance Lipstick
20. Eyeshadow CoverGirl Eye Enhancers
21. Eyeliner CoverGirl Eyeslicks

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for answering :flower: I like Dove shower gels too :wink:

I hope it's ok that I don't answer every category, because I don't use products in all categories! :flower:

FACE
1. Cleanser Dove Beauty Bar
2. Toner/lotion Dove Sensitive Skin Facial Lotion

BODY
6. Shower gels/soaps Dove Deep Moisture Beauty Body Wash, Philosophy Shower Gel
7. Body lotions/creams The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter, St. Ives Aloe & Chamomile Lotion, Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion
11. Lip balm or lip treatment Rosebud Salve, The Body Shop Almond Lip Butter, Carmex Tube Lip Mositurizer
12. Perfume Gucci Envy Me, Ralph Lauren Ralph Cool, Clinique Happy Heart

HAIR
13. Shampoo/conditioner Dove Beautifully Clean Shampoo/Dove Beautiful Care Conditioner

MAKE-UP
16. Powder Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer, MAC Bronzing Powder
17. Blush Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush
18. Mascara Almay Intense i-Color Lengthening Mascara
19. Lipstick/lipgloss MAC Lipglass, MAC Lipstick, Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance Lipstick
20. Eyeshadow CoverGirl Eye Enhancers
21. Eyeliner CoverGirl Eyeslicks

1. cleanser - Neutrogena
2. toner/lotion - Rose Water
3. cream/moisturizer - Johnson & Johnson
4. facial mask - Clear Improvement®
Active charcoal mask to clear pores
5. exfoliator - I use my own mix - Oatmeal & Honey
6. make-up remover - L'Oreal De-Maq Expert Milk
body
6. shower gels/soaps - Dove
7. body lotions/creams - I always change but love Baby Oil
8. anticellulite/firming treatment if you use any - none
9. body exfoliator - The Body shop Papaya Scrub
10. hand/foot cream - L'Ocitanne for both

11. lip balm or lip treatment - Luca's PawPaw Oitment (a australian lipbalm, similar to vaseline) is the best and very cheap
12. perfume - Estee Lauder Limited Edition Azuree Soleil

hair
13. shampoo/conditioner - Brazilian staff is the best
14. mask or other treatments - Casulao (another brazilian staff)

make-up
15. foundation (Dior Skin)
16. powder None
17. blush - I have many in different colour and brands
18. mascara - Estee Lauder XL
19. lipstick/lipgloss - Pout Plum from Pout
20. eyeshadow - as long as it's black for killer smocky eyes any brand will do but I like Napoleon Perdis colours too
21. eyeliner - Estee Lauder

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->