Your Period / Monthly Cycle

I'm always incredibly hungry before the day or two I get my period, afterwords I'm usually just sleepy with some minor cramps. Never really been to PMS-y though, only one time I remember crying my eyes out over absolutely nothing (seriously nothing) and I happen to have my period.

I have suffered with my periods since I started them. I remember at school they were so painful my eyes would water, and so heavy that no pads or tampons could stem the flow for an entire school lesson, so my nan used to buy me cycling shorts so I could wear two pairs to try and stop me staining my school uniform. I hated it!

Omg! I can relate to you so much! :shock: Mine are seriously bad, I've had them since I was 12 (I'm 17 now) and they still kill me! My cramps can be quite severe, and I get so moody! :(

I now have Iron Deficiency because of my periods, and I always feel so light headed. :blink: I always dread that time of the month. :yuk:

^oh that might hurt really bad...
i have a friend that really suffers a lot when her period comes, she has told me that sometimes they've been so painfull that her legs have contracted, she couldnt move her legs. she has this thing called poliquistic ovaries. and the worst of all is that her period last from 7 to 10 days... :(
so everytime she is in pain i try to help her going to the enfermery to ask for something to calm the pain cuz the nurse kind of hates her becuase she is always in pain :judge:

in my case i can say im very thankful and lucky, because my period last from 3 to 4 days, and it doesnt hurt at all. the only one that hurted was my first period, like 3 years ago, when i was 14. :smile:

I have suffered with my periods since I started them. I remember at school they were so painful my eyes would water, and so heavy that no pads or tampons could stem the flow for an entire school lesson, so my nan used to buy me cycling shorts so I could wear two pairs to try and stop me staining my school uniform. I hated it!

I have endometriosis, which is no big deal, but I did have to have a massive operation a few years ago because I had a cyst the size of a human head on my ovary which made me look like I was pregnant, but only on the right side. Horrible and weird! At the moment I'm getting my period every two weeks, and I feel sorry for my boyfriend because I am an utter lunatic before my period, despite being on antidepressants. It's not as bad as before the medication though, I used to want to burn the house down. Periods are rubbish!

Btw, the heavy bleeding is a symptom of endometriosis (you may well already know this, but I mention for those who may not ...). I'm surprised they let the cyst get that big!

I have had breakthrough bleeding before ... absolutely hate it. Bleeding for a quarter of your life (I have long periods) is bad enough, half is unacceptable!! I have had other medication cause it, as well as stress.

For stress as well as PMS, I like liquid (sublingual) Vitamin B. Stress burns it off, so many of us don't have enough.

I'm always surprised when I get my perioid, I can't feel a thing. No water retention, breakouts, PMS or cravings. And I often forget tampons because I forget that I'm having my period in the first place :lol: Thankfully I don't bleed for more than 2.5 days, and I don't bleed a lot :ninja:

Thanks for the report, you can leave now :lol:

My mother always claimed she didn't feel a thing ... but believe me, the rest of us did :innocent:

Its weird with me. at first when i got my period i had pain in my stomach (for the first day), then for some time i didnt have any problems, no pain or anything when my period started. Now again past few times have been really awful, i had terrible pain, i pretty much couldnt even move myself, i was dizzy, i was shaking all over my body and i even vomited - i felt like i was going to die (i took in some painkillers before the pain started, they didnt work, as usual) . that feeling lasted about 2-3 hours and i was back normal then like nothing had happend, felt great.
for some time i had my period after every 2 weeks. i couldnt understand why :S (i havent been on birthcontrol pills or anything like that). at moment its not that regular either, but at least its once in month.
some friends of mine suggest me to see a doctor about it just in case.

I most definitely would be chatting with my dr about this ...

my mother after having 3 kids started to have all the time her period which lead her to have anemia and feeling so downish... until she got some treatment cause it was too much blood too much often...
I hope u got the medical attention you deserver going through all that you have been. *hugs*

Thanks for your support, I do get utterly fed up. My mother had terrible periods, I remember she had to have a hysterectomy because she was losing so much blood.

I am meant to have a coil fitted to stop my periods called a mirena. I did have one for three years that was put in during an operation but it had to be replaced so I went and had it taken out and they tried to put it back in, and I went into shock and was unconscious because it was so painful. Never...EVER again.

My periods are a bit more regular, but I hate feeling so insane before them, I am so horrible and desperately depressed, but as I said before, i'm already on anti depressants, so it's not like they can do much.

Last edited by a moderator:
My cycle is so irregular,I been having my periods for like 5 years and they still havn't adjusted ! Six-Three months I don't have them and the other times is either over a week and heavy or short days and medium-light.

Stupid ovaries:doh:

Mindbear, I believe Mirena is the hormone-release IUD ... I had one without the hormones. They say you can't feel them ... I certainly could, I could feel it the whole time. And the breakthrough bleeding drove me nuts (I'm sure I was bleeding because the damn thing was poking me). I have endometriosis too, and have had surgery twice ... my bleeding isn't as heavy as yours, but neither would anyone ever call it light :innocent: I have found that I'm better off with my own hormones and without an IUD ... I go nuts like you guys are describing if I'm on the pill--i.e., with artificial hormones. I can't begin to say how much I hated the feeling of being out of control. During the 'estrogen' week, I was crying and being super-emotional ... during the 'androgen' (or whatever) week, I was slamming doors, driving like I had testosterone poisoning, and ordering people around ... what a nightmare :innocent:

Someone else who understands! Surgery is horrible isn't it? My operation was FIVE HOURS because my cyst was so big. It took three months to be able to move around freely again. Yuck! I went on the pill and went totally insane, I was so odd I couldn't bear anyone talking near me, and would walk around thinking people were trying to touch me. I came off the pills as soon as possible, it was hell on earth.

I wonder if we're just hormone intolerant?

I hate the pill mindbear! It messed with my hormones so bad.. talk about crazy mood swings, feeling suicidal and depressed, etc. I've been off it for 2 years now!

Has anyone got their period about a week late... have you had any spotting? Is this normal? Does this mean I will get my period soon? I am usually always on time with my period so this is scaring me.

Someone else who understands! Surgery is horrible isn't it? My operation was FIVE HOURS because my cyst was so big. It took three months to be able to move around freely again. Yuck! I went on the pill and went totally insane, I was so odd I couldn't bear anyone talking near me, and would walk around thinking people were trying to touch me. I came off the pills as soon as possible, it was hell on earth.

I wonder if we're just hormone intolerant?

All this makes me feel like the princess & the pea, but then I remember they make this sh!t from the pee of pregnant horses, and then I feel surprised that anyone can tolerate it :unsure: I'm not looking forward to the day when I might need hormones that I myself can't produce ... if that day comes, I will try bioidentical & see how that works.

yasmine worked for me it is a low dose, the high dose becareful for clots, and stay away from the ones tha only give you periods every three months, there are alot od lawsuits because they are killing women, I started seasoniqe and wound up with a DVT the length of my leg 2 months later

My cycle is so irregular,I been having my periods for like 5 years and they still havn't adjusted ! Six-Three months I don't have them and the other times is either over a week and heavy or short days and medium-light.

Stupid ovaries:doh:

That's like mine too!! I've had mine for like 3 years now and it is still SO irregular, it's so frustrating, I never know when it's gonna arrive! I get it like three times a year... which isn't the worst thing but it's not healthy.

Have you talked to your doctor about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
All this makes me feel like the princess & the pea, but then I remember they make this sh!t from the pee of pregnant horses, and then I feel surprised that anyone can tolerate it :unsure: I'm not looking forward to the day when I might need hormones that I myself can't produce ... if that day comes, I will try bioidentical & see how that works.

Come again.:huh:

Here's an article ... http://www.rajeun.net/hrt.html

I'm not sure at this moment if the 'estrogen' in the pill is derived the same way--I'd have to do some more research. The point is, though, that the hormones delivered by pharmaceuticals are not the hormones that occur naturally in our bodies. In order to be patented, they have to be different.

I'm surprised there are so many here who have unregular and painful periods.
I have had mine since I'm 11 and I can set my watch straight on it when I'm having it again. It's almost over after two days and I feel nothing.

I must be lucky after I read this.

^TWO DAYS? I wish I was you, mine lasts for about a week...I'm on day one right now :(

Two days?!? wow! well i'm on day 1 too. The first years I had my period,was the most painful thing ever, I would get massive headaches, fevers, shaking, on the verge of passing out and the biggest cramps ever!!! but now, after 7 years later it's all gone! yay! the only thing is I get bad headaches the day before, witch I guess is a good thing cause I always know when it's coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->