Your Signature Piece

Originally posted by dramatique@Mar 20th, 2004 - 11:26 pm

This is also my virgin post so hello everyone! I am so excited to be a part of this community!
welcome!

Hmm. Now I'm kind of obsessed with this charm bracelt that I found in my grandmother's closet. IT has all sorts of funky charms. Its really cute after I cleaned it too, very shiny and bright.

hi oceanharlet, my howw ounderful for you to have founderful for you to have found your grandmothers' charam bracelet, i wear mine all the time, each charm has a story some my g-mothers,harm b. to a gaad jeweryersme my parents and then of course my grandchilden, i even have some of my parente cremanes(ashes), i would take the bracelet to a good jewerys a have it checked, the wear it and think of all the wonderful memeries that bracelet brought!!!!!ENJOY :woot:

i wear a beautiful delicate charm bracelet which i love so much & an opal ring

I need to wear this every day:
A126tn.jpg

but the jewlery I wear every day and I love is either my magic rune Aegishealmet (silver) around my neck or a pearl around the neck called "protection against the evil eye". I have no pictures of these jewlery's but they are quite small and neat :smile:

My grandmother's engagement bracelet: Gold with two diamond and ruby rosettes. She threw her jewellery into a water tank behind her house during the war, and after three years, she recovered it all.

softgrey, get lasik! i got it done in january. i had REALLY bad vision (-9.75) and bad astigmatism... but now i have 20/20 vision! its so strange to see without glasses..

Betty Boop said:
I or a pearl around the neck called "protection against the evil eye"

i remember there was a thread about that!

A black turtleneck or large diamond studs. Probably the diamond studs, because I wear them almost everywhere, even the gym. But I am known for my love of black tnecks ^_^

my grandfathers rolex! when he passed away i wanted to keep it b/c i knew how much it meant to him... (he raised me when i was a child so he was my only fatherly figure in my life). it is an all gold mens watch...ive had it on my left wrist for the last 7 years and i will NEVER take it off. people tease me about it, but some even give me compliments. anytime either of those happens, i always think of him and i dont want that to ever go away. its kind of weird to explain but i just wont EVER take off that watch! EVER! :smile:

ShOe GaL 19 said:
my grandfathers rolex! when he passed away i wanted to keep it b/c i knew how much it meant to him... (he raised me when i was a child so he was my only fatherly figure in my life). it is an all gold mens watch...ive had it on my left wrist for the last 7 years and i will NEVER take it off. people tease me about it, but some even give me compliments. anytime either of those happens, i always think of him and i dont want that to ever go away. its kind of weird to explain but i just wont EVER take off that watch! EVER! :smile:[/QUOTE

You are not weird for wearing his watch!! My father passed away this past September and I have been wearing the watch my mother gave him for their 25th anniversary ever since. I like how it's something that I am always looking at because it always makes me think of him. He wore it everyday, so I feel somewhat connected to him when I wear it. People also have given me quizzical looks, but having such a connection, however small it may be to him, is well worth it. I won't ever take mine off either,and I get very antsy whenever someone/something touches it.

My Celine Boogies of course :D

I'm increasing my collection as we speak ^_^

aw shoe_gal... i had a similar relationship with my grandfather... thats very sweet. :heart:

My silver claddagh ring w/ crisscross band. My parents gave it to me for my 18th birthday. I feel naked without it.

Also my necklace with a snowflake shaped multi faceted glass charm I got from a glass blowing place in Venice when I went to Italy with my school orchestra. It reminds me of the good times I had on that trip. :heart:

I don't really have a single signature piece but i cant leave the house without a watch, if i forget i have to go back home, even if it makes me late (how ironic). ohh and in summer you're not likely to see me without sunglasses, but they change every year.

My wedding ring
My grandmother's engagement ring
My jet cross

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->