Your Signature Scent

tealady

Reaction score
Do you wear the same scent all the time, as a signature or do you change with your mood? I wear Chanel No. 5 constantly. Except in bed. Then it is J'Adore, which is reserved for the company of my husband. :wink:

What about you?

I rotate a few - I wear a light vanila/lemon scent during the day or Sui Dreams. At night, I wear Diesel Zero Plus, Deep Red or Allure.

I'm a perfume wh*re. :wink:
Although I do tend to gravitate towards one particular scent, Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana.
I also like Romance by Ralph Lauren, Raspberry perfume oil by The Body Shop, Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, and Shi by Alfred Sung.
Oh yeah, I like Chance by Chanel, too.

I used to go between a few different fragrances. I have like half bottles of alot of scents. :oops: The ones I used to rotate are Comme des Garçons Leaves Series Mint & Tea, Comme des Garçons Zagorsk (which smells like berries and cedar), Demeter Laundromat (smells exactly like soap), and Comme des Garçons Odeur 71.

I also share Helmut Lang w/my bf from time to time. :wub:

But the main scent I've been wearing for the last few months is Bvlgari Black.

Most recent "signature" scent is Hermès Calèche (old edition) which I've been wearing for the last two years.
At and around home I wear Guerlain "L'Air Bleu" which first went out in 1918 or something like that.
Recently got Leonard's L'Eau Fraiche, very fresh and mainly for spring-summer.

I'm very sensitive to smells, so I always have a hard time finding a scent that's not too strong.
The ones I like right now are Green Tea and Dior's Eau Svelte.

I wear different perfumes all the time, i switch between the Abercrombie & Fitch, Chance by Chanel, Michael by Michael Kors, Bonne Bell Lucky, Bath & Body Works Pearberry, Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger, and the Ralph Lauren fragrance.. :wub:

Chanel #5
Versace Blonde
Yves St. Laurent Paris

and one that i can never remember the name of. It's in a baccarat bottle. Pretty!

I wear Tommy Girl, VS Heavenly, J. Crew scent, Warm vanilla sugar and Green Clover & Aloe from B&BW, White Musk from the Body Shop, and tons more.

So, it sounds like most people wear more than one scent. How do you decide what to wear when? Is having a signature scent an old-fashioned idea?

Well for me it depends on what time of the year it is. I wear Comme des Garçons Leaves Series Mint & Tea and Demeter Laundromat during the summer. They are lighter and appropriate for the season. I wear Comme des Garçons Zagorsk during the fall and Comme des Garçons Odeur 71 for winter.

But I've been wearing Bvlgari Black exclusively for the past few months, and it's light enough that I can wear it this spring/summer.

So, it sounds like most people wear more than one scent. How do you decide what to wear when? Is having a signature scent an old-fashioned idea?

SCENT to me is something very personal. therefor i try and pick a scent noones got.
mine is
[glow=blue:09abbcd114]REM by
REMINISCENCE
(which smells of the sea!! :wub: )

.......... when i walk into a room everyone knows i am THERE: YAYYYYYYYYY! :D :lol:

SCENT to me is something very personal. therefor i try and pick a scent noones got.
mine is
[glow=blue:ae85408c43]REM by
REMINISCENCE

You're right -- very personal!!

That's one thing I like about Chanel No. 5. I smells different on every woman -- all down to body chemistry. That Coco knew what she was about! 8)

:wink:

i tend to go for more traditional parfumeurs (when i am looking for a new one) such as ANNICK GOUTTAL and L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR etc. they do great natural scents and are rare :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a signature scent, i just like to try different fragrances. My mom wears Chanel No.5 and thats all she wears same with my grandma~

Once my mom gave me Miracle from Lancome! I never wore perfume before, and I usually dont now unless I feel special, but it smells really good! Also I got a free bottle of DKNY perfume that I later got donna karan to sign, haha! :smile:

I have worn YSL Opium for about 10 years & everyone recognises it as 'MY' fragrance. I do wear others eg. Guerlain Samsara or Jean-Paul Gaultier, but not very often.

I'd love to have some custom scent .... but here there's NO place where you can get it!
I think I'm not there yet ... meanwhile ... I've been having fun ... I shop at one of those pastry suppliers for vanilla essence ... I wear it and everyone loves it (specially women) ... every person thinks it smell different, some of them are like "Ice cream!", but others say "cake" or "candy" ... anyhow ... a couple thats friends of me wear Pleasures -Estee Lauder- (he for him, her for her ...)and it's heaven ...they get along so well and their children are going to be SO beautiful ... I think that's why I like it!
I like Romance for men a lot, and I had my CKOne era ... Clinique makes me Happy and on High school I smelled of Polo Sport ...
Now? Well... the vanilla thing kinda stuck (and I taste good, as well!) and my "daily" type of cologne is Paradiso/Inferno ...

Vanilla does sound interesting. I would be calling you 'cookie.' :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->