Yves Saint Laurent S/S 04 Paris

1o4pyo.jpg
256baya.jpg

1z5lq2a.jpg
2mx036v.jpg

style.com

Loved this collection! So sexy and the ending with the tuxedos - so LE SMOKING!! :heart:

I wish Pilati would do something a little more sexy and perverse sometimes.

As much as I love him (I prefer YSL under Pilati) - I still feel its become way too bourgeois and rigid.

Pilati is sick of sexy..he only enjoys his tough chic...

but his tough chic is soo contrived , I prefer Tom's woman , she doesnt give a f*** , there in lies the difference.

he was doing harem pant and 20s dresses 5 years back lol ...this collection was highly influential with the symetrical skirts and drop waists...

I feel Pilati designs are worth investenting more than Tom.

it seems that tom had in mind the idea that ysl had dared to show some breast and work with transparency in the past so he just decided to undress the girls in front of everyone else.
the big difference is that when yves did the transparent blouse it really was a huge shock... i 2004 though, it seems that this was nothing but flesh for the sake of press coverage.
i always loved what he did for gucci and i'll always defend him as one of the greatest fashion influencers of his generation, but for YSL, i dont really think he ever got what was necessary.
i dont see how this collection is relevant in terms of fit and construction and proportion. it's just great shiny fabrics that reaveal that extra bit of flesh that gets the pictures on the cover and pages of every magazine. it seems like tom was never able to differenciate what the gucci woman and the ysl woman stood for... so instead of separating his targets, he delivered twice as much and ended just diluting both his and saint laurents essence... i dont think it was until his very last collection chez saint laurent that i started liking what he was doing (and that was probably the most referential collection of his)
i am so glad pilati is the one in charge to continue with saint laurent's legacy. i see nothing to do with the original master here

it seems that tom had in mind the idea that ysl had dared to show some breast and work with transparency in the past so he just decided to undress the girls in front of everyone else.
the big difference is that when yves did the transparent blouse it really was a huge shock... i 2004 though, it seems that this was nothing but flesh for the sake of press coverage.
i always loved what he did for gucci and i'll always defend him as one of the greatest fashion influencers of his generation, but for YSL, i dont really think he ever got what was necessary.
i dont see how this collection is relevant in terms of fit and construction and proportion. it's just great shiny fabrics that reaveal that extra bit of flesh that gets the pictures on the cover and pages of every magazine. it seems like tom was never able to differenciate what the gucci woman and the ysl woman stood for... so instead of separating his targets, he delivered twice as much and ended just diluting both his and saint laurents essence... i dont think it was until his very last collection chez saint laurent that i started liking what he was doing (and that was probably the most referential collection of his)
i am so glad pilati is the one in charge to continue with saint laurent's legacy. i see nothing to do with the original master here

Definitely agree with everything! I love Tom Ford, but he was not quite right for Yves Saint Laurent. Pilati has it down! Love him! ^_^

:blush: those bags make me reconsider my previous post :lol:
must admit i like the bags! :P TOM FORD, 1 point!

The magic of Tom lies in the fact that he could show this collection today exactly as-is and I would still be blown away.

^^Totally agree. I mean...this thread and the YSL FW 03 thread being revived during fashion week right now all of a sudden, and seeing the full collection again with all the details...it all still looks glamorous and contemporary. Not a single piece looks dated 5 years later.

I miss Tiuu Kuik :(

The hair and makeup on this show was perfect on her!!!

This collection was truly innovative!

The shoes and bags are to die for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->