Ziyi Zhang's New American Boyfriend

kateelle said:
Oh my! Are you her publicist or something?
:lol: :lol: Just something I want to spit out. Big deal.^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
BaroqueRockstar said:
zhang ziyi wears armani. how can you even compare her to audrey hepburn??

I didn't. ^_^

It shocks me what I different image she has to the West than in China. Very interesting to find out! I'm amazed how many people I've encountered are completely unaware she's thought of as a polar opposite to how she is portrayed in the US - myself included.

^ i didn't mean that in an accusatory way. sorry if it came out that way:blush:
someone mentioned something about audrey, so i guess the "you" was directed towards no one in particular...
but i totally agree. i didn't think she was as classy as some people did, but i didn't know she was considered a lindsay lohan figure in china...
maybe that's why she's dating americans (or israelis) now.

^ apparently some ppl in China considered her a sell out now because she is dating a non-Chinese guy :rolleyes: Kind of sad. I think the girl is just living her life.:innocent:

^Well considering how she's not fluent in English, I'd say it is somewhat of a sell-out. How do they even communicate?

cocohokkaido said:
I hope I won't offend anyone by saying this: I find the press and entertainment industry over there to be a bit misogynistic. :ninja: Female entertainers are often rendered these angel/sl*t personas. If you are not innocent/virginal/damsel, then you are a diva/b*tch or wh*re.

cocohokkaido, you didn't offend me. i actually found that comment rather intriguing; i don't know much about the press in Asia (or China/HK specifically), but i do see a similar dichotomy in western culture as well.

eeeww don't like her, and must agree with some statements above, she's known as b*tch in asian media.
apparently she's only "nice" with american and european media, to asian media, she's being so different and very snob.

and i don't even think she's a ood actress, she's way overated for a big star from asia.
i prefer maggie cheung or gong li, they're smart and a good actress.

don't take me from, i'm also asian adn watched a lot of good asian movies from wong kar wai, tsai ming liang, and zhang yimou

BaroqueRockstar said:
^ i didn't mean that in an accusatory way. sorry if it came out that way:blush:
someone mentioned something about audrey, so i guess the "you" was directed towards no one in particular...

Oh, I didn't think you were accusing anyone! I only wanted to clear up that though I mentioned I'd heard her lauded as a new Audrey, I wasn't one of them.

the virgin or wh*re label for asian stars is very interesting...
BUT a lot of people here have brought up Gong Li. I don't know much about her but doesn't she have a sort of scandalous reputation as well? and i haven't heard anyone call her a wh*re...

eternitygoddess said:
^Well considering how she's not fluent in English, I'd say it is somewhat of a sell-out. How do they even communicate?

It's possible he's fluent in her language :flower:

I'm not fluent in Dutch (yet), my fiance is a native Dutch speaker fluent in English, and we communicate just fine. And will be living in Belgium, and I communicate rather clearly there even with people who speak little to no English. Not being able to communicate without a translator is one of the warning signs for the immigration/marriage people, but a couple has to have that problem plus things like not knowing the other one's name/work and one party being a known prostitute for it to cause any problems :D

it's toooo hard to be a young /succesful /chinese /actress,many people always bring out an elder one to prove that the new coming is not good at all

and,as a chinese,i must say we hate each other

so funny

As a Chinese myself, I am proud of her achievement in the west. However the majority of Chinese don't get why the western people rate her as the best Asian actress, or at least the most sucessful one. I feel she is so overrated, since she has never created any good impression to me in her works.

they look like friends who are having a good time at the game....who cares
if he is in his 40s... he does not look like a sleeze...men with money and that
kind of lifestyle lives a different lifestyle than most of u and that's why some
of u can't comprehend....whatever

I love her..and I think ppl now in China is starting like her..but still like..7 out of 10 hate her..Poor girl..

anyway..as long as she s happy..whoever she is dating..I couldnt care less..
For some reason..Im glad to see that she is dating a nonchinese guy..

seahorseinstripe said:
apparently she's only "nice" with american and european media, to asian media, she's being so different and very snob.

Maybe shes differnt and snobby to the asian media because she feels she shouldnt waste her energy on th emedia that is pitting everything against her? :innocent:

He looks older than 41. How old is ZiYi Zhang - 26/27???

I think Asian ppl and ppl in the West have different perceptions of Zhang Ziyi because over in Asia we have watched her evolve from basically a normal actress to a superstar. Let's just say the Asian paparazzi is just as bad as the American ones and captures a lot of "intimate" moments she has with many a men here. However, in the West, only when she has gained some status did the people there start to notice her.

It's well known that she really hates places like Hong Kong where magazines rag on her past and she even skips premieres there because of that. Personally I think she is overrated, and definitly NOT an Asian Audrey Hepburn. I'm sure she didn't have to sleep with directors and Jackie Chan. I think poor Ms. Hepburn would be rolling in her grave if she heard that. :P
I prefer other actresses such as Maggie Cheung who is really good in most of her movies.

the thing with being asian is that most westernized people will have a particular perception of you bc culturally, asians tend to be more reserved and deferential...
she's so pretty, but she doesn't have a good reputation to start with, and this is definitely not going to help! that guy is really way too old for her. *shudder*

wooo.. did she run out of rich mens' sons to date?

she has the rep as often being the "third person" in love triangles..

and yes the paparazzi in asia are really terrible.. some mags even have special pages showing celebs looking fat, hole in their stockings (text would read like: what, you can't afford hoisery now?", etc.

but still, i don't think the asian media would ever be kind to her unless maybe she brought home an oscar.. they have very enduring memories and aren't as forgiving as american press, with all the comebacks and such.

maybe he's the perfect match for her..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->