Ziyi Zhang's New American Boyfriend

jessieee12 said:
I think Asian ppl and ppl in the West have different perceptions of Zhang Ziyi because over in Asia we have watched her evolve from basically a normal actress to a superstar. Let's just say the Asian paparazzi is just as bad as the American ones and captures a lot of "intimate" moments she has with many a men here. However, in the West, only when she has gained some status did the people there start to notice her.

It's well known that she really hates places like Hong Kong where magazines rag on her past and she even skips premieres there because of that. Personally I think she is overrated, and definitly NOT an Asian Audrey Hepburn. I'm sure she didn't have to sleep with directors and Jackie Chan. I think poor Ms. Hepburn would be rolling in her grave if she heard that. :P
I prefer other actresses such as Maggie Cheung who is really good in most of her movies.

i LOVE maggie cheung too...

Pinky* said:
and yes the paparazzi in asia are really terrible.. some mags even have special pages showing celebs looking fat, hole in their stockings (text would read like: what, you can't afford hoisery now?", etc.

There are magazines in britain that ONLY have these features. :shock:

I used to like zhang ziyi, but I got bored of her acting - she's too over the top, not subtle enough.

Today I saw on a Hong Kong entertainment news show that Ziyi was hosting some international convention in Beijing either yesterday or the day before. She hosted it in English, and I must say she's improved a lot. When asked, she briefly touched upon her new American bf and how he has helped her w/ her English :smile:

OMW, he's Israeli, not American! This thread title is hilarious :lol:

And PS, old or not, I'd still hit it. And she can date/marry/screw whomever she wants. I'd tell the Asian media to kindly kiss my a**.

Last edited by a moderator:
xmodel citizen said:
OMW, he's Israeli, not American! This thread title is hilarious :lol:

Well...he can also be an neutralized American citizen. Then people can say he is American.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->