Hermès... The All-Things Hermès Handbags Thread

^ I support our decision to do that :smile: I think it's very nice of you to do that. I personally would've probably kept at least one but seeing as you couldn't use them selling them all and putting the money to good use was a better decision.

Can anyone recommend a reputable consignment shop within the US? I have a 40 cm Hermes Birkin from 2000. It is Fjord leather with gold hardware and in excellent, almost brand new condition. I ended up buying two 35 cm shortly after that and never looked at the 40 cm again. I would like to consign it with a trustworthy place and hopefully get a good price for it. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly :smile:

Can anyone recommend a reputable consignment shop within the US? I have a 40 cm Hermes Birkin from 2000. It is Fjord leather with gold hardware and in excellent, almost brand new condition. I ended up buying two 35 cm shortly after that and never looked at the 40 cm again. I would like to consign it with a trustworthy place and hopefully get a good price for it. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly :smile:

try luxury-portal, Kaleidoplace, http://www.jemznjewels.com and Anns Fabulous Finds

I am thinking about getting a birkin, but my cuzin has one and she says its v heavy without having anything in it, so i dunno if its worth it..does anyone have a pic of one in dark green on gold hardware?

I recently got a kelly and im so inlove with it, but its in tadelakt leather so its soo sensitivie, i have to be extra careful when using it, which means i barely do use it!

I am thinking about getting a birkin, but my cuzin has one and she says its v heavy without having anything in it, so i dunno if its worth it..does anyone have a pic of one in dark green on gold hardware?

I think the heaviness just depends on the leather. I don't find mine to be that heavy. I have chevre birkins, a fjord birkin, and an ostrich birkin. I think the fjord birkin is the lightest for me, but the others aren't bad at all.

At the part in bold, I have a vert fonce birkin with gold hardware. I will try to find my pictures and post them for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is. Vert fonce 30cm birkin with GHW in fjord.

Photo credit: my own

Attachments

• iPhoto Library.jpg
    iPhoto Library.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11

Fashionphile is another famous online consignment store:

http://www.fashionphile.com/

Wow the Hermes Birkin's still so covetable. I guess it's a good investment.

i want to help a family member choosing her first hermès, and while i know my lambs and caviars chez Chanel, I have no clue about hermès beyond the different models HaC, kelly, birkin, whatsoever...
it will most definitely be one of those three, so where can i go learn about different leathers, colors, sizes, hardware... i know the variety is kind of infinite?
is there a blog/post somewhere that clearly explains this?
can someone break it down for me?
any help will be MUCH appreciated :flower:

btw, the Himalayan croc is to die for! not that we could be possibly looking for/at one of those... :P

HA! i am compulsively studying the purse forum hermes reference library now!
thank you all who enlightened me!!! :flower:

Hi there, news is out that Rouge Garance is ready for podium order. HTH!

I feel like a himalayan croc - non-existent! Extinct! Whatever, not keen on the look personally don't like the ombre effect shading of the skin.

Has anyone here heard about the discontinuation of Rouge Garance? I recently made an order for a new model shoulder birkin in this colour and my SA here said all went well. However, a number of posters on the highly populated Hermes thread of "The Purse Forum" said that this colour was now to be discontinued and that it was no longer available for podium order - including this past July 09 podium - where I placed my order!? If anyone here knows anything at all about this, please let me know! TIA!

i've heard you have to wait up to two years to get a birkin!! is it true??

not true. you can walk in and depending on luck find a birkin sitting on the shelf. the size, colour, leather and hardware - palladium (silver) or gold though might not be what you are looking for.

in japan you can get them off the shelves, they're plentiful but you pay a premium.

back home depending where you are from, there may be a long waitlist.

Has anyone read Michael Tonello's Bringing home the Birkin?

I am saving up for one :smile: Got birkin envy the other day when I heard my partner's assistant (who is at a tender age of 22) was gifted one by her parents!! Lucky ducky..

bringing home the birkin was genius!
so good i gave it to various friends as a gift!

OK -- question for you Birkin-lovers. I've had mine for nearly two years and love it. It's black with silver HW. What do you think about tying an Hermes scarf onto one of the handles? Is it over the top, too much? I've always done it with my bags, but I want to remain somewhat understated with my Birkin, and I'm afraid it's a little ostentatious. Thoughts? Thanks!

Hello all! Have not posted here in years! I do come and lurk every once and a while. Grill, you hit is right on the nose! All that stuff really is vomit inducing! How can they take themselves so seriously?

Laboheme, your collection is simply lovely! Why is it taking so long to have a strap made? Didn't you write a thank you note and bring candy to your SA? :lol: That is emblematic of what is ridiculous with this company. Make them wait and they will think it is worth even more!

Hey You ! Remember me?? I havent been posting for years too,and i was looking for familiar usernames and One of them is you,.....:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->