65th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2012

That's a pretty solid outfit that Bonnie is wearing! Probably my favorite look that she's worn at Cannes so far.

seems like all the models are the only ones to get it right

karolina kurkova at the amfar event is soo gorgeous

Exactly. Some of the most random people/social-media climbers attend Cannes year after year, and every year we get the same criticism on how it's 'becoming' less exclusive.. just because it's far more opulent than any other event doesn't really mean it's that exclusive.

Anyway, I concur with Psylocke.. everyone's looking ridiculously good at the Cosmopolis premier, a constant in this year's event I think, except for Lady Something and her see-through dresses it seems there's little extravagance this year.. which isn't so bad when everyone looks this good!.. I think the models also help set the bar high and bring back some old-school glamour to the festival.

I think, as someone said before, it's more noticeable because of Amfar which was decidedly celebrity-light. The red carpet was basically comprised of models, attention-whores famous for their last names/reality shows, and socialites. The event usually does come with these kind of people, but it's not usually HEAVY with them. Also, maybe I would've felt differently if they had any sense of style, but alas the fashion was generally disappointing, too. It's true Cannes has been very "all-inclusive" for a while now, but I wish it wasn't. I don't know of any other film festival where it's like "come one, come all." No, if you don't have a film or a significant other or something to support, sit down. But maybe that's just the snob in me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mud premiere
Andie :wub: WOW!

Reese

Emily Hampshire

Tonie Marshall, Leïla Bekhti and Tim Roth

Bonnie Wright (i can't get with this chick)

Alec Baldwin

Kim Yun Jin

Ximena Navarrete

Angela Ismailos

Dian Sastro

Megan Gale

getty

Camila Alves

Sting & Trudie Styler

Matthew

Thomas Doret, Christa Theret, director Giles Bourdos, Michel Bouquet and Vincent Rottiers

getty

My standouts for different reasons are Andie MacDowell, Bonnie Wright, Trudie Styler and Camila Alves.

Actor Baek Yoon-Sik, Kim Hyo-Jin, director Im Sang-Soo, actors Youn Yuh-Jung and Kim Kang-Woo attend the 'Do-nui Mat' premiere

daylife

Really Dian Sastro?... Really?... I guess there was no light in her dressing room.

Who designed Anja, Natasha and Kristen Stewarts dresses?

Anja - Ellie Saab Fall/Winter 2012
Kristen - Reem Acra pre-Fall 2012
Natasha - Roberto Cavalli Resort 2013

Natasha Poly was flawless from beginning to end !

Chris Tucker, Paris Hilton and a Kardashian at Cannes?! I'm speechless :shock:

They're not at the film festival, the Amfar gala is a separate event. A lot of people come to Cannes for parties and events like this, which are not part of the festival.
There are a few randoms every year, I also wish they weren't there but it doesn't alter the festival itself, they have nothing to do with the movies selected, thus it does not affect the quality of the competition. That's the main point of the festival, not the gowns or the celebrity-spotting.

Anais Demoustier, Gilles Lellouche and Audrey Tautou poses at the 'Therese Desqueyroux' Photocall

daylife

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->