Abercrombie & Fitch

Ditto that.

I think it's just that people don't think it's... "high fashion". :ermm:

while I do agree it's not high fashion and that the quality is pretty decent, I don't think the designs are that good, the recycle a lot of their looks and color schemes every few years

I third that notion because yes, I do wear some Abercrombie pieces but they are clearance finds I found and I can mix them in with the rest of my wardrobe very easily.

i really like abercrombie for basics and loungewear
their styles never really do change from year to year which is why its construed as generic/unfashionable
some of their sweaters have very nice cuts and the logos are not that visible.. it's definitely possible to make them "fashionable," imo

To each her own. I'll buy denim wherever I can find a fabulous fit. I've bought A&F denim because a friend with a similar body type raved about the fit. I wore the jeans with a long tunic and got so many compliments...

As for college and high school kids thinking A&F is the #1 fashion retailer, I'd say to open your eyes. There's a lot of great fashion-forward brands that are far more asthetically pleasing.

I like their ad campaigns. Compared to the other mass market stores of that type, A & F is definitely my favorite. I like their darker color schemes (the navy, off white, gray, maroon, etc.).

I just... don't like the people that work there. (As a sweeping generalization.)

I wore a lot of Abercrombie when I was a teen...
:innocent:
I just evolved away from it over time...
Sort of like outgrowing a childhood toy...

I actually love Abercrombie's slim straight leg men's jeans for a comfy, weekend denim. The fit is sexy but still very masculine.

I think a truly stylish person can shop anywhere, with the right eye. No matter how logo-ed most of their stuff is, or what their business model may be, if I like something, I make it mine. :innocent:

Everyone, let's try not to get on eachother's nerves ^_^
if someone says something bad, either choose Report Post
or ignore it :heart:

Why is everyone dissing A&F? Personally I love it. If your talking to a teenager then of course their going to say they love it. I was going to school and on my way I went to the bagle shop. This lady loaded with make-up and designer clothes and bags looked at my A&F sweater and said "Eww. You wear Abercrombie?" and left. Personally i just thought that was plan rude. I was going to school and she knew it. I had my backpack with me. That was just plain stupid in my opinion.

I like their ad campaigns. Compared to the other mass market stores of that type, A & F is definitely my favorite. I like their darker color schemes (the navy, off white, gray, maroon, etc.).

I just... don't like the people that work there. (As a sweeping generalization.)

I totally agree. :wink:

Why is everyone dissing A&F? Personally I love it. If your talking to a teenager then of course their going to say they love it. I was going to school and on my way I went to the bagle shop. This lady loaded with make-up and designer clothes and bags looked at my A&F sweater and said "Eww. You wear Abercrombie?" and left. Personally i just thought that was plan rude. I was going to school and she knew it. I had my backpack with me. That was just plain stupid in my opinion.

I think that comment is a lot worse than the fact that you wear A&F. It's one thing to think it but I can't believe she actually said that!

I never shopped at A&F in high school or college until I started working there because my manager from BR recruited me (he switched companies first of course). I did store visuals and it was honestly a fun job. So many kids from my college worked there and for a student in Hawaii it was perfect attire. Denim mini+bikini+flipflops+cami= all I needed. I stayed there for about a year before going to other stores (BCBG and then back to BR). And I have gotten rid of every pair of destroyed denim and tee from there, but I occasionally still use the camis and sweaters I bought because they are nice basics and work with my other clothing. It's funny though, the only time I ever went into the store or bought anything was while I worked there. Never before and never since. I have a feeling that if I went back to look I'd see the same styles and colors that were there 2-3 years ago when I worked there. I guess "if it works and we still turn a profit why change?" must be their philosophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work at A&F, and absolutely loved it! I would go back if I really wanted to. But to be honest, the clothes are the same EVERY season with slight (very slight) modifications. Alot of what I still own was given to me by the company as my wardrobe. I think many of the items are over priced. I love the way it makes me look when I wear them, I remember customers trying to buy the clothes off my back many times when I was working there. I agree with what was said early: A truly stylish person can shop anywhere. I don't believe in sticking with on brand or designer.

i like abercrombie for basics, and i've stated that before here. but im kinda into rhuel now more, i never do logos from both stores, the moose just doesn't do it for me and rhuel's bull dog is tacky. but, last week i went to a vintage store in boulder, co and bought some INCREDIBLE abercrombie boots! they zip up in the back, dark brown leather, straps on the front they're beautiful. i looked it up online and abercrombie boots only brought up boots from af in the 40s so im thinking they might be that old, but they're in such good condition i doubt it, but yeah i am a boot wh*re now because of the boots. i had to take them to an old shoe repair store to fix the zipper on one of the boots, but does anyone else own Abercrombie boots? im rly interested to see more of their boots if they're still selling them.

A&F...basic stuff with a high price. The store in London was kewl but at the same time just ridiculously pretentious! It was like a night club decorated with clothing! Keep the cute sales assistance coming though! A&F is definitely for the rich college kids to show it off but not for the stylish!
:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->