Abercrombie & Fitch

^ Is A&F more expensive in the UK?

I mean, it's not cheap here, but when it comes to denim they're no more expensive than most jean companies these days. And their basics like button downs and sweaters and whatever aren't ridiculous either given the quality. That's the most important thing to me, the clothes are good quality. In all the years that I've worn their clothes, I've never once had something fall apart or look beaten up after a few wears. You can't say that about most mid-range chain stores.

I don't get any of these "no stylish people wear it" comments. They seem completely ridiculous to me. I don't think you'll find anyone claiming that A&F is the epitome of style and taste, but people don't rail on the Gap by saying that no one with any style shops there and let's not lose sight of the fact that Abercrombie and the Gap are exactly the same type of store, just with a slightly different "look". They both sell basic wardrobe staples and comfort clothes, the only difference is that A&F caters to a more limited clientele which boils down to marketing....nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
A&F makes great basics. I have a pair of A&F jeans that have lasted me that past 5 years or so with no problems. They are actually my favorite jeans and the most comfortable pair I own.

^i agree..i mean of course A&F is not the place to shop if you want to get all creative..they have great clothes for layering and high quality basic items..atleast with the guys clothes. i love their models ^_^

A&F...basic stuff with a high price. The store in London was kewl but at the same time just ridiculously pretentious! It was like a night club decorated with clothing! Keep the cute sales assistance coming though! A&F is definitely for the rich college kids to show it off but not for the stylish!
:heart:

A&F is not thaaaaaaaaaat expensive. i mean they have tees for 22.50-29.50..not that expensive. their sweaters are pretty pricey, but so are any sweaters by any brand that have good quality clothes. their jeans are normal priced IMO 79.50-99.50..and if you shop in clearance you can get some pretty good stuff for really, really cheap! :flower:

i noticed hollister ,abercrombie and ruehl virtually sell the same **** , just at higher price points lol , there was this sheer plaid shirt , same design in red , at hollister its 50 bucks , AF 70 and ruehl a ridiculous 98 bucks for a sheer shirt lol .......their quality is great but they need some variety its the same stuff since 2000 more or less

hollister, abercrombie and rheul are all under the same label and affiliated. just like gap,old navy and banana republic and they sell all the same stuff too.

^ Is A&F more expensive in the UK?

Haven't compare the price but I know I am not prepared to pay £50 for a basic polo t-shirt. Perhaps like everyone has mentioned, the quality is pretty good so maybe there is my justification!
:heart:

hollister, abercrombie and rheul are all under the same label and affiliated. just like gap,old navy and banana republic and they sell all the same stuff too.

Nah. There is a BIG difference between Banana Republic and Old Navy and a not as big but definitely noticeable difference between BR and GAP.

As for college and high school kids thinking A&F is the #1 fashion retailer, I'd say to open your eyes. There's a lot of great fashion-forward brands that are far more asthetically pleasing.

I agree, there is so many people around college walking around in A&F head to toe. You think they where sponsored by them :rofl:

A&F is at least 50% more expensive in the London stores than in the US. totally overpriced in Europe.

but, i gotta repeat, their cuts are so sexy.

I agree, there is so many people around college walking around in A&F head to toe. You think they where sponsored by them :rofl:

But A&F is perfect for college. Unless you are in Fashion School and trying to make some major statement with your attire, most students just want to be comfortable for classes.

^ Yeah I understand that it's perfect for college, and that students want to be comfortable. But it gets annoying when you see 20 people with the same thing.

Just want to point out that aside from the fact that they're all the same company, A&F, Hollister and Ruehl all cater to basically the same client, just at different ages and with different body types. That's why the stuff is all so similar. Hollister targets the 13-17 age group (hence why it's the least expensive), Ruehl goes for the 22-26 age group which is why it costs the most, and A&F is somewhere in the middle. And the quality is different in each of the stores, not by much, but enough to be noticeable.

A&F is at least 50% more expensive in the London stores than in the US. totally overpriced in Europe.

but, i gotta repeat, their cuts are so sexy.
That's the main reason why I still bother to shop there. The cut, especially in jeans and button downs, just suits me really well.

^i know! the jeans are cut so nicely (that slim boot cut, with the low waist) and the button down shirts just accentuate and build such a wonderfully sexy yet manly silhouette, very few designer labels can match that. especially not at that pricepoint.

their jackets are nice too! the finish is, given the price, really a cool touch, the fit is awesome and i basically live in their down jackets when it's so cold that i think "screw fashion, i just don't wanna catch a cold", yet still look cool.

^ Yes!!! Those are my new favorite jeans from A&F. I bought a pair with a longer inseam than I usually buy, and they make my legs look insanely long...I'm kind of in love with them at the moment.

They really do finish their garments nicely given the price-point. I started shopping there when I was like 14 or 15, so I've really seen them evolve and bump up their quality, along with prices (they've gone up about 30% in 8 years).

Nah. There is a BIG difference between Banana Republic and Old Navy and a not as big but definitely noticeable difference between BR and GAP.

not big but noticeable? hmm...:shifty: well yes there is a difference and i agree with you that it is a noticeable difference and not a big difference.

^ Yeah I understand that it's perfect for college, and that students want to be comfortable. But it gets annoying when you see 20 people with the same thing.

Yes I agree. You see the same "A&F" shirt on guys in about 10 different colors in 1 day on my college campus. I try to NOT wear any tee's with their logo because you run the risk of wearing the EXACT SAME THING as some guy next to you.

^yup and basics are always easier to manipulate into one's style...no matter the taste level. while i may not be the biggest of that whole GAPCROMBINAVY it's all about how i interpret whatever i get(or need in my case :lol:).

Yes I agree. You see the same "A&F" shirt on guys in about 10 different colors in 1 day on my college campus. I try to NOT wear any tee's with their logo because you run the risk of wearing the EXACT SAME THING as some guy next to you.

Is it really any different than seeing tons of hipsters walking around in their wayfarers, tights and fedoras or whatever is the latest hipster craze?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->