After Anna : Who Should Be The Next Editor In Chief of Vogue?

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Luxx, Feb 8, 2008.

1. helmut.newton

helmut.newton New Member

I was reading about those rumours regarding the replacement of Wintour with Aliona Dostoyevska, and I was curious to read this thread :smile:

I think Vogue US needs a major face-lift. All the staff there are boring. The only person keeping it young and relevant is probably Andre Leon Tally. Yes he is crazy and eccentric but lets face it - without him it would be boring Wintour, Tonne Goodman and Annie Leibovitz portraits of Nicole Kidman.

They need fresh blood. Someone with a vision.

I, for one, would love to see Katie Grand as Editor-In-Chief. Now THAT would be exciting and interesting!

2. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict Well-Known Member

Katie Grand has already been tapped by Condé Nast UK to start a new magazine... so now she's in the fold.... who knows what the future holds for her... perhaps she'll take a similiar route & maybe one day become EIC of US Vogue.

Anna's Route at Condé Nast to become EIC of US Vogue...
    Creative Director of US Vogue
    EIC UK Vogue
    EIC of US HG [House & Garden]
    EIC of US Vogue

#42 MissMagAddict, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by moderator Sarahh: Oct 2, 2008
  3. helmut.newton

helmut.newton New Member

^^ Yeah when I read the news that Katie was now *in* at Conde Nast - I immediately thought they would start to groom her for Wintour's position!!!

Exciting!!

4. sethii

sethii New Member

Do you know the dates for her time at Uk VOGUE?

5. Navygreen

Navygreen New Member

A strong, ruthless, slightly detached yet creative person. Obviously Carine is out of the picture.

6. kimair

kimair frozen

from nymag...
    i love the bit about tFS and sally singer...her name was only brought up once in that thread...:lol:

7. nyc_art_style

nyc_art_style Well-Known Member

faceless gossips?! :ermm:

8. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Well, if I have to bare every aspect of my life in a bid to ensure Plum Sykes doesn't become the editor of US Vogue, I'd be prepared to sacrifice my privacy, dignity and sanity.

9. Handbag Queen

Handbag Queen Well-Known Member

"After Anna" could be another 20 years. By then, there will be others we don't even know about now who will be great contenders. That broad isn't going anywhere. She'll go straight from the Vogue offices to her pine box.

10. cato.

cato. Member

source: Gawker

OH MY GOD. I am absolutely speechless. :ninja::shock:

11. Faith Akiyama

Can't really see this happening...at least not this soon/drastically. Not only is this straight out of the Devil Wears Prada script, trying to mold Carine's aesthetics into Vogue US...? I'm really not sure if it'll help the magazine with its current readership at all. And in the worst case scenario, if it comes down to requiring Carine to change her own artistic visions to "fit" the American market, I'd rather not see that happen [​IMG] She's perfect where she is.

I said the same thing in Anna's thread, but I guess I'll post it again here :lol:

#51 Faith Akiyama, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited by moderator : Dec 2, 2008
  12. shirleebee

shirleebee Margiela's Muse

This is totally life imitating art.
    (Jacqueline vs Miranda in Devil Wears Prada!) :lol::ninja:

13. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Faith. Carine wouldn't have a clue what to do with US Vogue... and that's not a bad thing. She's even said herself she has no interest in editing it.

This rumor is too good not to be moved to this thread from the business of mags.

Let it rip people :lol:

14. cato.

cato. Member

^ I agree Faith I mean US Vogue has soccer moms to cater to. Do you honestly think they would be interested in seeing Lara Stone stomping down 5th avenue with her t*ts flying everywhere? No. That would honestly be so disheartening.

anyways here's an article of Carine discussing American magazines [​IMG]

source: NYMAG

15. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

I hope this rumour isn't true. IF Anna gets replaced, only Tonne (or MAYBE ALT (too eccentric) or Grace (too old)) is the best fit I could think of off the top of my head.

16. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Carine would be all colours of wrong for US Vogue, if that came true and she actually took the job, i think it might end ugly.

I'm right there with you, dont think she has a shot, but that would be a nightmare come true.

17. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

That said, Plum Sykes did recently do an interesting article about sleeves (about the only decent thing I've seen her do).

My wish is always for Joan Juliet Buck, but maybe she doesn't want to get back in the game.

18. Miss Dalloway

^^That was a good article indeed, sometimes she can be less annoying, i also enjoyed her article about brooches in one of the previous issues, but her Moss interview was awful and shows how bad she is when it comes to interviews.

I think Grace C. would be the perfect next choice for eic, cant see it happening though.

19. Luxx

Luxx oh me, oh my

Considering that Anna Wintour has just finished devouring the prerequisite enchanted spiders that will allow her to become invincible I doubt she's going anywhere. At least not until she ascends into demonic form and storms through the Conde offices destroying everything in her sight. I can see editors cowering in their Louboutins as she traps them in her cavernous maw.

Look I found her todo list:

[​IMG]

I'll believe she's leaving when I see the enchanted swords and horcruxes that it's going to take to kill her.

Image Credit | Buffyworld

20. Miss Dalloway

^^While she is busz destroying CN offices, tell her to get a manicure will ya?That is just bad. :lol: