After Anna : Who Should Be The Next Editor In Chief of Vogue?

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Luxx, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

^^LOL the specualtion certainly wont end i see, but seriously who is that, that FWD is implying? :huh:

2. ysljunkie

ysljunkie New Member

that wwd piece shut me down but she has to go at some point..anyway I liked to know who too!:P

3. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict Well-Known Member

Source | New York Observer

4. cato.

cato. Member

Wow, look at what us TFSers started(and that Gawker item but mostly us). We spread a wildfire. :lol:

5. mackos

mackos Alluring

Whoever will replace Anna, I really want her to bring some freshness to the magazine :rolleyes:

6. nyc_art_style

nyc_art_style Well-Known Member

What about Marie Amelie Sauve as a replacement?

7. MissMagAddict

Katie Grand is perhaps being groomed for US Vogue. LOVE could be the first step. Anna Wintour was Creative Director of US Vogue... then back to London as EIC of UK Vogue... then back to NY as EIC of House & Garden which she renamed HG & then finally EIC of US Vogue. Maybe Katie will get UK Vogue first... then US Vogue. Ahh the possibilities!

#87 MissMagAddict, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Sarahh: May 21, 2009
  8. Miss Dalloway

^^WOW you think so? :o I would never think Grand has a shot at US Vogue (it would be shocking for me), however i certainly see her at UK Vogue after Shulman retires, that would be brilliant imho.

US Vogue eic spot could be taken by someone from Wintours camp, someone like Kotur would be perfect, she is fiercelyintelligent and a hard worker, i see her in the position easily.

But you are right, there is ton of possibility, which is why its exciting to even think about it, haha.

9. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Katie Grand as EIC of US Vogue is certainly interesting. But I think she is too young now. Maybe she will be the successor of Anna's successor?

10. Chanelcouture09

Chanelcouture09 Some Like It Hot

an idea i had would be for alexandra to take over US Vogue and katie to have UK but i would hope if katie did get the job that she wouldnt fill the pages with grunge and a very marc jacobsy style

11. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

I really do not want to see Katie get her hands on any edition of Vogue if I'm honest.

I do feel Alexandra's come to the end of her time at the UK Edition, and would really like to see someone new at the helm, but certainly not Katie. Although I do believe she was given Love for a reason by Conde Nast.

12. hautechild

hautechild New Member

I'm not a fan of Katie Grand, but both Vogue US and UK are so dull now she might at least shake it up a bit.

13. Chanelcouture09

Chanelcouture09 Some Like It Hot

yeah i think alexandra's time is up now at UK Vogue , it needs shaking up abit but i wouldn't have a clue who they would give it to
    i doubt the rumors of carine going to US vogue are true because she wouldn't be able to do what she does now in america

14. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

It would be good for her (and the readers) if she moved on to something else, because I feel she's to got the stage where she's bored with being the editor - she's certainly experienced and she's a thoughtful individual, but what's missing is that spark that brings real life to the magazine.

But I don't want a Katie Grand there, I want another Liz Tilberis. Someone who can combine innovation with gravitas. A person who can respect experimentation and the establishment.

#94 tigerrouge, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by moderator ywliu: Jan 7, 2010
  15. Style Savvy

Style Savvy Well-Known Member

I don't know, I can't imagine Vogue without Anna.:| Well, atleast we won't have celebrity covers anymore.:wub: I HOPE.

16. muglerette

muglerette Member

karl templer,joe mckenna,olivier rizzo and katie grand would be so cool.....also cool for vogue uk and vogue germany!!!they need style big time!!!

17. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

^ We'll always have celebrity covers.

Especially in the United States. I can't imagine a magazine is ever going to sell fantastically in the States without the use of celebrities. It's too bigger market, and Vogue is already out sold by Elle on a monthly basis isn't it? Despite having big celebrities on the cover.

18. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

I remember there were rumors about Alyona Doletskaia going to be editor of UK or US Vogue, I think it was UK.

19. Miss Dalloway

It wasn't until i have seen The September Issue that i realized the perfect next in line taking Wintour's place would be Sally Singer, an intelligent and very knowledgable woman. I see her easily taking over today if neccessary.

20. MissMagAddict

It seems as though Stefano Tonchi is going to become the editor-in-chief of W Magazine. He would then most certainly be a top contender for the EIC of Vogue.