Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

She looks good but the bust does not fit and the dress is very stiff, it looks like a paper bag
That is also like one of the first things you learn how to make in patternmaking and draping classes.
Come on now! You saw that first show he knows nothing about patterns he's not McQueen or Sarah.

Givenchy by Alexander McQueen pattern Vogue 2086

1714266461544.png
DIY 😂🫢🤭🫣🥴🤐

People took the Sarah Tudor collection for granted.

I was very curious about the Rihanna dress because I liked the fabric, the color but found the cut HORRIBLE!
Thankfully, her beauty can almost make us forget about that.

I was very curious about the Rihanna dress because I liked the fabric, the color but found the cut HORRIBLE!
Thankfully, her beauty can almost make us forget about that.
its pony skin (calf skin with hair) of some sort or goat skin long hair McQueen used to do as well RTW in these skins.

1714388683293.png
1714388731306.png

its pony skin (calf skin with hair) of some sort or goat skin long hair McQueen used to do as well RTW in these skins.

View attachment 1265994
View attachment 1265995
Yeah I recognized it. I have a coat in pony skin. It was such a fresh color though. Usually, it’s either done in black, dark tones or raw natural tones but that yellow!

Tbh, it wasn’t particularly well cut by Lee here. Azzedine however did wonders with this fabric when it comes to dresses.
I think I have seen Fendi dresses too done with this fabric.

However they did Rihanna wrong.
But as a coat, it would be fabulous.

I’m sure Lee has done a coat in pony with his signature shoulders and lapels!

To Mc Queen defense that show was about savage beauty and every thing had a flintstone cut to it and was raw, other shows he cut the dresses much sharper

Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 1997 "it's a jungle out there" flintstone cuts​

1714392629527.png1714392785127.png1714392864665.png

Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 2000 Named for Eshu, the Yoruba spirit, the show paired African influences​

1714392517243.png1714392553649.png

Givenchy: The Lady and the Tramp​

Leopard-print pony skin Givenchy Fall/Winter 1997

1714393308354.png 1714393356049.png

Agree 100% yes there are lots of coats in pony as well and other version the givenchy ones were better tailored as the idea of the show was about something more dressy

Riri dress could have been cut much better and the underconstruction of the dress and give her more defined silhouette, while the hairy edges of the seems could still give the more wild texture in more subtle as the fur stands up etc..... the color of the fur is nice but the dress no way 🥴 DIY Mc Queen in cardboard dress

wait till you see it in stores! i cant imagine how these would look off the runway. its already so poor in the runway not sure how it will survive mass production.
i wonder if they'll do a complete boutique rebrand. i like to visit the flagship on old bond st in london semi-regularly and it's just perfect. the roses exhibition on the top floor always makes the whole experience so wonderful. i'd imagine the sarabande finale dress isn't there right now as it's probably being taken to new york for the reawakening fashion exhibit. i just have a feeling this irish d*ckhead is gonna screw it all up

Even if they update that concept of showing inspirations as exhibition in their flagship, this guy just has nothing to say about his own collection. Other than it being inspired by younger Mcqueens collections. He is missing a genuinely personal inspiration/connection that's why it looks like a parade of poorly made merch wanting to be all the versions of Mcqueen in 1 collection.

A Big part of Mcqueen was hist storytelling and the inspiration behind the collections. Even at the simplest presentations, Burton had stories to tell be it about nature, heritage or even something so personal as her having twins and sending 2 versions of each looks.

The dress on Rhianna looks like something her stylist pulled from the trash bin at Goodwill. The color of it is gross. It looks old and faded, maybe a little bit smelly as well.
sounds like a real early Mc Queen dress he did himself back in the days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->