Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

I'm not a McQueen aficionado so I am just wondering, besides being ugly, wat is this? Are you supposed to just sit there and have your partner feed you the soup at the gala or.

eCom-808763QHAB86053_F.jpg
source: alexandermcqueen.com

I'm not a McQueen aficionado so I am just wondering, besides being ugly, wat is this? Are you supposed to just sit there and have your partner feed you the soup at the gala or.

View attachment 1291228
Don’t be silly. You’d be far too upset about showing up at the gala with mismatched boobs to eat anything...

McQueen's gone. Replaced by ick. All that's left are the memories.

Had there been no references to codes from Lee McQueen's designs, people would have been up in arms for just the opposite reason – disrespecting the house, its heritage, and, most importantly, its founder. It's basically what goes on with every new Balenciaga collection.

My issue is that McGirr seems to sprinkle in McQueenisms like garnishes. They're like cherries and olives in a cocktail: fun but entirely optional. The codes he really cares about – leopard print, the broken glass print, the lumpy boobs, the clodhopper shoes – have no basis in the house's nearly three decades of history. It's as if he said, "Oh, just throw in some skulls, tartan, and peaky shoulders," after he was done and reminded this was supposed to be a collection for Alexander McQueen. The references aren't coherent.

I've also been wondering about this: McQueen under Sarah Burton was a house that had moved seriously toward tailoring for a clientele that wanted an edgy-but-smart look. Now, it seems to have suddenly spun on its heel to appeal the lounge lizard, club kid demographic that Celine targets. Is Kering repositioning McQueen to go after Hedi Slimane instead of Saint Laurent?
I don't know but they sure did lose a lot of customers because what Sarah was doing with her tailoring her denim her sweaters and her little cocktail dresses and some evening dresses was really a modern and great direction and a great approach for such a strange and personal brand McQueen is very personal it's all about him and she took it and made it about other people. But now I simply don't know. Sales isn't everything creativity should come first but McQueen collections were extremely coherent and this was not I don't want to dog him too much because it was just one collection.

View attachment 1291228
That fabric reeks of "90% discount clearance" rack from any fabric shop.

View attachment 1291231
Source - www.alexandermcqueen.com

And this is their first bag? Ouch looks painful in every way.
Looks sloppy as hell! Those raw edges, that "pleather" they used...cheapness!

Hi! Why is nobody talking about the new precollection? 🥲

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->