Alexander Wang F/W 09.10 New York

i love the bag in the 7th picture. isn't that the one mary kate olsen was seen with a few weeks ago?

This is so bad! Everything looks like a knockoff -Balmain, Givenchy, Sander, Preen. He doesn't seem to be able to move convincingly past the Erin Wasson look so beloved of the blogosphere to produce actual... clothes.

those shoes are insane !:D
so who didnt get a teq. shot?

I love this collection, especially the black pieces but seriously, he does the same thing over and over again. The ss09 collection was just this but with more color.

that bag is a TOTAL balenciaga RIP OFF LoL

i'm dissapointed. those spandex shorts are just so awful. there are some good pieces but over all not impressed.

This is like RO banged Balmain and the blogosphere was born. :ninja:

i feel like he is the new marc jacobs type; young prodigy that most people will obsess about because of his age..but some dont like to admit when he does crap..because its just hype..I guess we will have to see how long he can keep his momentum going.

it's a great progress compare to last season.

it looks much more sleek, sharp, and sophisticated.

it's not a divine collection, but I can find pieces I really appreciated(e.g. the crocodile bike jacket)

Last edited by a moderator:
some of the clothes simply just by itself is not bad...but than linking it to houses in europe, it just doesn't pass. but at least the clothes look more constructed than last season, we see more tailoring and more draping. which i find is already a step up from before.
i still don't get why he is so hyped. maybe he's funny?

I have never liked Alexander Wang and has always thought what he 'designed' was just styled in a certain way to appeal..sheer t shirt..leather pants body con dresses? How original..:rolleyes:

And getting the 'It girl' of the moment [Erin Wasson] certainly helped to make hipsters go crazy for his stuff..

It all looks so Milanese..:doh:

I never liked his stuff. Nothing original, nothing new. Very dated. And you can tell what the references are... trying too hard :(

Well he certainly got a serious amount of inspiration from last season's shows....!
I do think there are a few good pieces in here, but overall, its not too great...

I dont know why but I get the feeling he's trying to fill a void the Gucci of years ago left. Tisci does that very well so we don't need another of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"