Alexander Wang F/W 09.10 New York

^ No source comfirmed that, but I don't feel any Wasson here. So I'm assuming it's still Mckimm.

But I have to say, if it's still Mckimm, it's definitely BETTER than her last season's styling, which is her first with wang... so...

well i must say the collection is certainly growing on me.

and a random thought, but every time i go back to look at the collection the phrase "Sh*t happens," pops in my head. :huh: :lol:

some pieces i love (i always love his mini dresses... and there are some nice jackets too), some i hate (the leather jumpsuit on heidi mount - wtf is that?), some look out of place... and i hate bike shorts, but they kind of make the collection a bit more coherent, so i won't complain... i'm really not sure what i think about this.

love everything with snake leather (?) elemnts and this lamb(?) fur . But can't say i love this , like his previous work and he is one of my fav. designer. And this "new" trend about short , knee high leggins is big no no for me . I like the leggins trend in general ( not every kind but still ) but this is too much for me , jane fonda all the way. And what's worst : alex is not first who show this on the runway for next winter, like they unite in mission to make the jogging-shorts come back.

oh wow. Why do I ever expect anything from Alexander Wang? With the exception of a couple of the dresses and a shirt or two, I find this all quite horrid. I mean - wtf? He's been doing the leather/oversized/bicycle short/legging thing for ages and not only is it nothing new, but it doesn't even look flattering on the models. Nothing looks oversized in a chic way. It looks oversized in a 'I just got this from Value Village for $2' type of way. I'm disappointed.
This pretty much sums up why I've never fallen for the Alexander Wang hype.

The few nice pieces in this collection are drowned out by his pretentiously unpretentious styling, and considering that his "collections" are almost entirely reliant on styling you'd think he and whoever he's working with at the moment would be able to make it look convincing as opposed to looking like a desperate attempt at being "edgy".

And I'm truly offended by every single pair of those bike shorts. As a styling trick under dresses or skirts, I'd be fine with them (I'd still hate them, but w/e) but as a main focus in a 40 some odd look collection? That's just insulting.

And so another season goes by where I just don't get the fuss....

the guy is really overrated .......
it's a mix of everything seen in Paris (and Jil Sander) last season and even previous season .... I spot a LV 08.09 silhouette .........

this guy is just good in a photoshoot with his basics .... the rest is bad ........

After seeing the very first pictures I thought I was gonna like this, but its just as lame as everything else this guy's done.
I HATE the footwear, it's so trashy. The only thing I like is the crocodile skin angle jacket. Thats sexy, but everything is so bad espcially those cheesey biker shorts. And the models at this show always look so dirty, like filthy.

Those pants are so last season Givenchy!!.. and one of those dresses looks like a cheap t-shirt version of jil sander's fringe dresses..
there are some pieces here and there that i like.. but styling is bad again.. he just tries way to hard...

Comparing with the stellar cast, the whole collection is nothing but chaotic

Those pants are so last season Givenchy!!.. and one of those dresses looks like a cheap t-shirt version of jil sander's fringe dresses..
there are some pieces here and there that i like.. but styling is bad again.. he just tries way to hard...

Right?! Thats exactly what I thought! So unoriginal!

OMG!!! hwat happened to him?? this collectioin looks so grown up and in a bad way...it has a tinge of zac and it's horrid. it looks lost in a sea of NY shows. although...the look with the oversized white top and skinny black bottoms does have a hint of old alexander wangs slouchy cool but with a tailored flair. that's a hot look. pity he didn;t expand on that lookl and did horrible ones instead.

I think the collectionis so so,like some details but I have to say that I expected more.Last few season his collections were great,don't know what happened.

the shorts are horrible. this makes the s/s show look really good, i don't like it. black is so overrated

this looks like the sea of other shows in new york which were pretty much rip offs givenchy and balenciaga with hints of jil sander , the only show thus far which stood out was the Barbie 50th anniversary show lol , and im not joking .

thriller as the background music LMAOOOOOOOOOOO....then used love hangover towards the end , please using such a sexy glamourous song for this shiat is a crime in itself . The models look like they are having diffuclty moving

Last edited by a moderator:
he managed to make every model look terrible :doh:

some ok pieces (1 or 2 dresses) but a collection full or ugliness and/or unoriginality overall.

Well, I won't even say anything about the Givenchy inspired trousers because I saw some like that in Rag and Bone :innocent:
To tell the truth, I think this is his best collection so far, obviously there are some looks that I hate, but others that I love... And I love more than I hate. This collection is better than last fall, imo.

too dark for my taste, even though some of the dresses are cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG. what was that cast? what a distraction to what looks like a great collection. maybe he will higher a casting director next time

I hate to point this out but . .
I'm seeing a big cauldron of different designers here.
Namely Yves Saint Laurent, Jil Sander, Balmain and a splash of Lanvin for good measure.

That white biker-esque coat Hanne Gabbe Odiele is wearing - what is the white fur? Is it something on the back?

I'm not bowled away by the collection in any kind of way. The best piece has to be the croc jacket. That's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->