Rick Owens F/W 08.09 Paris

god i hate those boot / flare things..
totally distracting me from what otherwise looks to be a really great collection..:doh:

nice dresses and cute beanies.
i like the hair too. except for some they just look like ghosts. @_@

One of the most exciting and thoughtfully provoking collection in paris this season.

Upon viewing this collection a second time I find it to be even more intriguing. Not only are the pieces amazing but they're all styled really well.

i love the boots myself. that shape is very sci-fi

I don't like the styling of the Owens' collections because they are so intimidating!!! :lol: :innocent:

But the pieces, individually, are so beautiful and so wearable. It's also the coolest things you could ever wear!!! Love his leather jackets as always! :heart:

I'm head over heels in LOVE with this collection:heart:
I squeaked when I saw the pics, and I haven't reacted like that in ages...since AW05 Balenciaga collection(Loved everything about the collection). With RO, I haven't been that excited since his AW02 collection.

This is going to be a hit. At least with me it is! I want almost everything...:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I adore it! I love the way he's using those tight little sleeves to set off the firm, tailored (but not tight) torsos and the draped pieces that flow through the collection like an underground river. And he's also doing some of the most modern looking fur pieces of the season. No stuffiness or references to "glamor"... they look new and young. Some of the fur pieces look so plush and delicious that I'm having a hard time keeping my hands off the computer screen. Rick always has fantastic materials (washed cashmere, washed leather) but this collection is pushing my fabric freak buttons HARD. Thin, supple leathers, crinkled metallic leather, airy furs, and is that some black silk jacquard I see? Rick, we need close ups!!! PLEASE! :lol:

i would love to lay my hands on that great leather....!! some of the pieces are meeh for me but some are great. great collection overall IMO

Photos from why-lip.com

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    335.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 14
Photos from why-lip.com

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    404.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    313 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 13.png
    Picture 13.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 9
Hmmm! For some reason it says I'm duplicating my post when I try to post, So photobucket it is ...

Photos from why-lip.com

Picture1-10.png

Picture3-3.png

Picture5-3.png

Lets see if it works if I write a bit! :rolleyes: ...

Photos from why-lip.com

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    267 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    436.3 KB · Views: 11
You're welcome, Miss!

Photos from why-lip.com

Attachments

• Picture 14.png
    Picture 14.png
    423.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    427.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 16.png
    Picture 16.png
    429 KB · Views: 4
So cool. It's kind of biker meets the military meets Doctor Zhivago. But without the studs, thank god... also I think the boots are rad- they do look like hoofs, thus complimenting those lovely, fur pieces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->