Alexander Wang F/W 2015.16 New York

The shoes were just ridiculous - and the styling was off, both spoiled the show. That being said, personally I loved the majority of the collection. especially the triple-breasted outwear, knitwear and tartan. It was very punk-grunge inspired. And then there's the regency tailoring with the chain detail which was lovely. He most certainly borrowed silhouettes from Miuccia. It felt better suited to London imo, like a slick Christopher Kane collection for example.

I actually like this, the shoes are a bit weird but I think they're fine. Definitely a much more mature collection and a lot of evening wear that Wang said clients wanted.

Well, I actually really liked this collection. It's fearless. He never disappoints me. Great job!
And if I can add something, at 4:33 of the video, gosh Ewa Wladymiruk's walk is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't remember anything from this collection, the only thing I focused on was how ridiculous the shoes are.

those shoes are disgusting
the bags look like they cost £10, cheap and nasty

the stud trims were the only okay part and isabel marant did it so much better for fw13!!!

ah yes...i remember now..and wasn't it a lot more desirable back then :( this isn't at all

I actually think that when you take the pieces separately you can find a lot of desirable items which will undoubtedly sell, but I agree that as a whole it felt a bit too costume-y. I, too, found the shoes a distraction, they were simply too ugly for my taste.

I love almost everything Alexander Wang does. This collection was one of my favourites of his in recent memory. Loved the darkness and grit!

The shoes ruined it for me. They looked so bulky and extremely heavy...Overall I wasn't very impressed with the show (other than some of the coats/jackets which I found nice). One last thing: Molly Blair should not have walked in the show...she scared the living daylights out of me when I saw her on the live feed! :shock:

Oh I love Molly Bair, as for the collection... the blatant 'borrowing' ideas of other designers was just too much, from the clothes to the styling and hair, it was just too obvious,the distractions on the front row don't hide that fact. you have to ask when or if Wang will ever come up with something original, that's actually good.

It's very unexpected, and I actually really like it. While the shoes are not my thing, they're definitely just for show.

...the annual meeting from the alpin club " grunge clubfeet":rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't figure out why people are calling this collection grunge, other than maybe those few plaid pieces. even the sweaters are studded.

so-called grunge fashion was generally loose and easy, layered, florals mixed with plaids, stripes, extra large sweaters, an overall thrift-shop aesthetic, etc.

by contrast this is structured and predominately black.

it's much more goth and/or punk inspired than grunge.

i can't figure out why people are calling this collection grunge, other than maybe those few plaid pieces. even the sweaters are studded.

so-called grunge fashion was generally loose and easy, layered, florals mixed with plaids, stripes, extra large sweaters, an overall thrift-shop aesthetic, etc.

by contrast this is structured and predominately black.

it's much more goth and/or punk inspired than grunge.

yeah i agree. the abundance of studs (esp in the accessories) and the ugly shoes make it more 'mall goth' / 'hot topic emo' than anything else, lol

i like very few pieces from the first part of the collection, the rest is a mess. especially the styling and the horrible accessorries.
dreading at the thought of non-teens wearing it lmao

I actually really liked this collection. I love the beading, I fell in love with the two looks with the white beaded sweaters and jeans. Those dresses at the end were an abomination though, you could see Behati struggling to walk in that.:lol:

Also, anyone happy to see Querelle again or is it just me?B)

It's really hard for me to see beyond the horrible styling and next-level atrocious footwear. Some of the outerwear seems rather nice, but it's hidden behind so much awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->