Alexander Wang for H&M by Mikael Jannson

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
Alexander Wang for H&M : Andy Carroll, Rivaldino dos Santos, Joan Smalls, Raquel Zimmermann, Isabeli Fontana and Natasha Poly by Mikael Jannson

Alexander Wang’s advertising for his one-off collaboration with H&M features a hockey stick and boxing gloves plus a couple of real athletes: soccer player Andy Carroll and kickboxer Rivaldino dos Santos.

Mikael Jansson photographed the two men as well as models Joan Smalls, Raquel Zimmermann, Isabeli Fontana and Natasha Poly for a print campaign that is slated to break in an array of dailies and monthly magazines starting today, with Poland among the first to roll out. Wang’s “ultimate dream team” is also to appear in a TV commercial, which starts airing on Oct. 30, and an online film.

“We wanted to take certain elements of each sport and portray the ultimate warrior,” Wang told WWD. “The girls had to feel big and heroic, and Mikael used sunlight glares to heighten that effect against a stark white backdrop.”

Wang’s collection for the Swedish retail giant is slated to launch on Nov. 6.

wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
wang-h-and-m05.jpg
wang-h-and-m01.jpg
wang-h-and-m02.jpg
wang-h-and-m03.jpg
wang-h-and-m04.jpg

wwd

Perfect cast if it were Liya instead of Joan. The images are nice but too simple. Would have liked a different background.

This looks very Sport Illustrated. Not a fan of the shading and Isabeli's scorpion hair. At a stretch, Isabeli and Raquel's shots are the best.
Of course, I wont be caught dead in any of the mens looks. In mean 'WANG' written across his wang, no thanks!! :lol:

Perfect cast if it were Liya instead of Joan.
^:huh:

You clearly don't like Joan... :rolleyes:

...Anyways

I think it's a really cool concept. Perfection!! Love the cast. :heart:

I can't wait to see the TV commercial in action.

Looks like H&M collaborated with Under Armour, not a fashion designer.

Perfect cast if it were Liya instead of Joan. The images are nice but too simple. Would have liked a different background.

I'll second that, sorry :( Liya would be a better fit "for this particular campaign".

This looks very Sport Illustrated. Not a fan of the shading and Isabeli's scorpion hair. At a stretch, Isabeli and Raquel's shots are the best.
Of course, I wont be caught dead in any of the mens looks. In mean 'WANG' written across his wang, no thanks!! :lol:

Looks like H&M collaborated with Under Armour, not a fashion designer.

This is, according to A. Wang, the concept ... Sports and Warriors ...

The result is ... I cannot pass beyond the outfits and styling ... This is disgusting !

Isn't there an editorial with Raquel and Caroline T. (in Vogue Paris - I think) that looked much better ?
- fact check, the editorial is Foot Fiction in Vogue Paris April 2007 by Mikael Jansson ...

Joan shot is the worst ... Mostly because (once again) the look is HORRIBLE !

source: http://wearesodroee.com/ (and I linked the whole editorial - scanned by Faith from tFS)

Attachments

• vogue-paris-april-2007-raquel-zimmermann-caroline-trentini-by-mikael-jansson-02.jpg
    vogue-paris-april-2007-raquel-zimmermann-caroline-trentini-by-mikael-jansson-02.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 7
  • vogue-paris-april-2007-raquel-zimmermann-caroline-trentini-by-mikael-jansson-01.jpg
    vogue-paris-april-2007-raquel-zimmermann-caroline-trentini-by-mikael-jansson-01.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 5
  • vogue-paris-april-2007-raquel-zimmermann-caroline-trentini-by-mikael-jansson-05.jpg
    vogue-paris-april-2007-raquel-zimmermann-caroline-trentini-by-mikael-jansson-05.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 5
^ good eye :flower:

I'm conservative when it comes to the 'Wang', I like to keep it hidden. The winter will shrivel up this Wang real good.

dreadful ad which is rather shocking considering the star power

HUGO Hugo Boss HQ

ddlfiles.net (L'Officiel Hommes Netherlands)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->