Alexander Wang for H&M

^
It sure did this morning in China. I tried for a good half an hour with no results, then finally it worked but EVERYTHING was sold out...pointless, I will try my luck with the Italin website later

^sold out?!
did not expect that.
there is nothing I would like to have from this collection...

the pre-shopping event went quite differently compared to last year's Marant event. from what i saw on IG, they were all made to look the same around the world, huh?

and i remember the racks being virtually empty after last year's pre shopping. meanwhile, i don't think anything sold out here in Vienna last night. maybe the Freja booties....

No one touched the leather puffa jacket thing. There was a lot of jackets left and the has been a LOT of stock bought of the stretch bra pieces. The only things to go entirely were the WANG neoprene sweatshirts and the sunglasses and bags it looked like. A few of the dresses were left only in their larger sizes, like the white slashed thing. The coats seemed very oversized.

The wang cropped sweatshirts are ridicuuuuuulously huge. I know they're supposed to be oversized because of the neoprene material but the sleeves are so long, they fall past the tips of my fingers. They will look very strange on the average H&M shopper.
I got the criss-cross dress too and it looks very nice but I can reiterate what lucy92 said, it is indeed very hard to get on!!

Strange, as the men's WANG sweater isn't that oversized. It's only on the arms and shoulders its noticeable. The model must have been wearing a size Large for it to have looked that oversized on him.

the women's leather puffer biker jacket is the only piece I'd really be interested in. some of the coats are interesting, but it'll be an odd day when i fork over more than €100 for a single H&M piece...

Menswear collection in Westfield London sold out much quicker than Womenswear.

The menswear was bought much more minimally than womenswear it looked like, the section in store at Regent Street was pretty small!

This collection really dissapointed me. I finally remembered to buy at least one piece of a h&m designer collaboration, checked the website but what do i see, a low quality sportswear collection. It is not Alexander Wang for Nike. I don't know why did the have to go out of their lines.

Literally everything is sold out except for the $349 leather jogging pants. :lol:

http://vimeo.com/111248782
A CONTROVERSIAL film by a German filmmaking duo, seemingly depicting children making the Alexander Wang x H&M collection, was not made in one of the Swedish store's factories, a representative told us today.
The short, filmed by Carl Jakob Haupt and David Kurt Karl Roth of Dandy Diary, was said to be "in honour" of Wang's collaboration with H&M, but shows young boys sewing labels onto garments which clearly bear the collaboration logo. One boy ends the film by saying, "I am honoured to be a part of H&M's designer collaborations".
Homage or not, the film has given many the impression that H&M has some explaining to do, which they have today with a statement: "The video in question is fake. The factory is not an H&M supplier," a spokesperson told us. "The Alexander Wang for H&M collection has been produced in China, Turkey and Italy only and not in India. The labels used for this collection are entirely black and not black on white as shown in the video. H&M does not accept child labour. Our child labour policy is based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the International Labour Organisation." (vogue.co.uk)

Strange.

Has anyone been into store since it launched? The online store seems to have entirely sold out menswear now as even the page has come down. Womenswear there are some bits left over.

In person I liked the crocodile textured knitted jacket thing, but it was so expensive! I ended up buying the black knitted jumper with the weird white teeth like marks on it. It's cool, although it's made from a very tight viscose knit, reminds me of the Herve Leger fabric.

Strange.

Has anyone been into store since it launched? The online store seems to have entirely sold out menswear now as even the page has come down. Womenswear there are some bits left over.

In person I liked the crocodile textured knitted jacket thing, but it was so expensive! I ended up buying the black knitted jumper with the weird white teeth like marks on it. It's cool, although it's made from a very tight viscose knit, reminds me of the Herve Leger fabric.
The two stores I've checked since out were sold out entirely.

I wound up with the logo beanie (which I find hilarious/inappropriate and therefore essential) and the women's woolen biker jacket, which fits me surprisingly well. By the time I got in the store the men's pieces were basically sold out, save for a few pants in very large sizes and a couple of the padded leather jackets. I was surprised by how much of the womenswear was still available, and surprised by how easily some of the pieces could be worn by men. I'm by no means a slender, androgynous kind of guy but I had no problem fitting into any of the women's things I tried on.

I too loved the look of the croc embossed knitted pieces, but when I tried one on I found the embossed sleeves way too stiff for my comfort. If it weren't for that issue I would've seriously considered it, because that detail was very, very cool, but I couldn't justify paying $350 for something I found difficult to wear.

There is a lot left on the stores: I have been at the Soho, Columbus Circle and Times Sq Locations and they have many things on the hangers: I got myself a pair of womens skinny jeans and the scuba sneakers. The outerwear and leather jackets are still left (and they have many of them), so are some womens shoes and surprisingly some neoprene dresses. The only things are really sold out are the accessories.

I personally think since the returning policy was only 7 days (thats what I think I heard) many people were not able to resell the items on craigslist/ebay and they are returning them. I can see there is going to be a lot going on sale in the next few weeks. I am glad I didnt do the line on the first day...

You're lucky you got 7 days. Here in the UK you had THREE days from the date of purchase to return anything.

The two H&Ms near me still have loads of merch. I snapped a pic at one yesterday; you can't see it, but there are loads of accessories on top of the shelves. I live in a fairly tourist-dense area, so I'm surprised it hasn't sold well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->