Alexander Wang for H&M

They can stage as many supermodel-clad shows as they want, it's not going to make this any more desirable.

Not surprisingly the collection feel very New York, at least to me. That whole gym wear-as-daywear thing has been and continues to be very much apart of what's going on, in spite of how many people in this thread seem to believe otherwise. Same goes for the logos. Sure, in the show and the lookbook it's styled to the hilt and deliberately made to look very, very sporty, but pull them apart and there are a slew of pieces that I can easily see walking the streets.

And yeah, many pieces are glorified active wear that's been tweaked to be more fashion than function. That's entirely the point. I'm not sure why that's surprising to people given that Wang has always made use of those references in his work, whether it's in the fabrication, the cut or the styling...

Personally I'm excited to get my hands on a good four or five pieces that I saw in the lineup. Those neoprene sweatshirts and outerwear are calling my name.

Last edited by a moderator:
1516709_730525063694368_1657763009_n.jpg

@coi_boombaba

the only piece i'd be interested in is the sweater with the croc detail on the sleeves. but definitely for a couple hundred.

That jacket is sort of neat, I kind of want one but other than a few things its okay overall. It doesn't really want to make me workout anymore than regular sportswear. I find the piece to be a little steep but I'm sure the other collaborations weren't cheap. I'll mostly break and buy something.

omg the corn rows on that girl. *cringe* I think the reflective glow is cool though.

the only piece i'd be interested in is the sweater with the croc detail on the sleeves. but definitely for a couple hundred.

you mean this one? £179.99 in the UK - i think H&M wants 300 something for this sweater in the US.

Not surprisingly the collection feel very New York, at least to me. That whole gym wear-as-daywear thing has been and continues to be very much apart of what's going on, in spite of how many people in this thread seem to believe otherwise. Same goes for the logos. Sure, in the show and the lookbook it's styled to the hilt and deliberately made to look very, very sporty, but pull them apart and there are a slew of pieces that I can easily see walking the streets.

And yeah, many pieces are glorified active wear that's been tweaked to be more fashion than function. That's entirely the point. I'm not sure why that's surprising to people given that Wang has always made use of those references in his work, whether it's in the fabrication, the cut or the styling...

Personally I'm excited to get my hands on a good four or five pieces that I saw in the lineup. Those neoprene sweatshirts and outerwear are calling my name.

i kind of feel the same way now that i see it in separates. I don't know if im dying for anything but i get it as a concept. I don't think this will sell well except in city areas. I also feel like the fit will be weird for a lot of people.

That runway show makes them all look like they're on their way to Fashion Week during a zombie apocalypse...certainly not anything that says "Ooh, let's do a hundred squats at a CrossFit class tonight!"

I'm wondering if there is even down filling in those puffer coats, or is just the puff-look. if you're going to be a fashion victim, at least be warm.

ah I didn't blow up the pic. that's pretty impressive he used down instead of going cheap, I give him credit for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->