Alexander Wang S/S 10 New York

I guess I am in the minority on this but I love it.
Totally dig the football/sport reference and amazing separates.
This will def appeal to his customer and sell like crazy.

I think this is very Wang... and I actually like it. I find the concept in general quite refreshing... an introduction of more sport-inspired pieces into casual wear in a way that doesn't look sloppy at all? I can deffinitely dig it

i love this collection!

I like the collection i mean not as much as the last one but it's nice it kind of reminds me to hermes the last season but like a sporty version of that collection i don't know why.Anyway what i'm for sure lovin it's the hair i literally can't wait to wear my hair just like that

Normally I can't stand Alexander Wang...but for some reason, I can't help myself...I just really like this collection.

I think it's the all-American football inspiration. I've always been a huge fan of a sort of romantic fantasy of high school...the cliches...the handsome jocks, the beautiful cheerleaders, Letterman jackets, Homecoming and Prom night. I like how Wang has taken bits and pieces from the football uniform (and what is worn underneath the football uniform) and created a cohesive collection of young, hip clothes...and I like that this time, the girls look a little cleaner. Everyone looks really fresh (I love the side braid).

My only complaints are the stupid sunglasses and the leopard (which looks and feels contrived and forced).

Last edited by a moderator:
some of the pieces were great - so were the accessories, like the horse-inspired socks, and the shoes with the multiple laces, but why would you get someone as soul-less as Karl Templer on board to make it look lke a Lang-Comme thorwback. he needs a stylist to breath life into his clothing - could you imagine what someone like Marie Amelie would do with it -she would give it a point of view and a unique edge, or even Panos or Olivier. But choosing Karl is just chosing a power ally,and not a creative one

i HATE THE BIG A PRINT ON THE SWEATER AND THE BAG
It make the items look really cheap actually !!
what was he thinking?

There's no cohesion in this collection. The wang hoohaa should go away sooner rather than later

"he's nothing but a second rate, trying hard, COPYCAT !"
"even Ellen Degeneres wont wear this stuff"

whang bang thank you mheng (drum rolls)

i was so excited to see what wang would do for S/S and even being at the show (which i was unsuccessful in sneaking in) made me even more excited and i waited hand and foot for the collection to post and after seeing it i was completely wowed....in a bad way.

1)my first complaint is, how does leather and sweatshirt like material read spring/summer? whos gonna wear leather anything in the summer?

2)the whole collection to me seemed way to loose. i know wang likes to do the skouchy thing alot but this is all way drapey and loose and sloucherific. i feel like theres nothing that actually fits. its like you need to show some stomach to remind people that you do have a shape or to show that there is a person under there.

3)alot of this collection seems amazingly pointless lol. some of it looks like dramatic riding gear.

4)transparency FAIL!

on a more positive note(and sidenote)
snejana looks amazing. the outfit and the makeup really works for her.
i also like the slouchy pants on some of the girls and even though the shorts confuse me i like that its a different kind of short.
im still a Alex supporter but this collection was mehtastic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->