Alexander Wang S/S 11 New York

x2_2a888ff

The lovely final walk at Alex Wang. #nyfw

twitter.com/meenalmistry

finale was so awesome and it worked so well sometimes when the models turn around it doesn't work out a la lanvin fall 2010 :lol:

I really liked those paint splattered pieces especially Iris and Lily's dresses.

The last pieces were really nice I thought - the long, loose coats with the cuffs over the hands in white and not-red-enough earthy red, but there was also a lot of crap, college project crap which has become a Wang signature.
The trousers with the baggy knees? Keeping that Wang-sporty feel but ultimately unflattering, especially in white silk. There were some good jackets but matched with nasty collage skirts etc.
I need to see it again to make a proper ambush.

Either New Yorker's are pushing forward the idea that White is a High-End colour (because only rich people can keep it clean) or they can't be bothered to design with colour and they're using Spring/Summer as a pretty lame reason.

This has such a late 90's/early 00's vibe for some reason, does anyone else get that?

As for the collection, not a huge fan, maybe it's just me but there was way too much white put into those clothes, the mint colors made me want to vomit, I was really hoping the presentation would have been more influenced by his resort collection. The shoes were and jewellery were the only acception of this collection, so dissapointed.

My thoughts exactly.

The last pieces were really nice I thought - the long, loose coats with the cuffs over the hands in white and not-red-enough earthy red, but there was also a lot of crap, college project crap which has become a Wang signature.
The trousers with the baggy knees? Keeping that Wang-sporty feel but ultimately unflattering, especially in white silk. There were some good jackets but matched with nasty collage skirts etc.
I need to see it again to make a proper ambush.

Either New Yorker's are pushing forward the idea that White is a High-End colour (because only rich people can keep it clean) or they can't be bothered to design with colour and they're using Spring/Summer as a pretty lame reason.

I completely agree!

Alexander Wang would be smart to produce some of those pieces in darker tones, the last thing a New Yorker needs is to get their precious on-white trench jacket spilt on by coffee or something. I think i'll come to eventually liking this collection but in the meantime I am more anticipated about the resort pieces over this....

I actually really love all the neutral colors and silhouettes obsession going around now!

Missed the livestreaming :lol:
Looks terrible from what I'm seeing though

Must admit that the colour palette is refreshing, even if not so stereotypically 'Wang'. The desert boots and the tailoring (as always) are my favourite parts of the collection. Although I was hoping for the collection to be more like the resort collection

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't watch it, thanks to my broadband abuse... but I like what I see in the photos. Cult-esque clothing is rad.
Is it wrong that I like those shoes?

*Edited

And I honestly don't think the shoes on this page are that bad.In fact,I think that everything of this collection would be really cool in different colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVED IT SO FREAKING MUCH. everything was perfect, the dusty rose, the rusted nudes, he SHOES, the fanny pack!
not a fan of the hair, the weird flower print, and the shiny white looks but the rest was sppppecatacular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->