Alexander Wang S/S 2013 : Malgosia Bela by Steven Klein

This was the best collection in NY for me so I'm really hoping a good campaign.

It's very striking photo, It just makes me wanting more.

Ok this would make a phenomenal shot for an editorial, but for an ad campain, no. really Wang? What are you selling, paint and wigs?

I agree with this. Stunning image, but not sure it works as a campaign shot.

It's more like art. The purpose is to advertise your clothes in an ad, probably the next ones are with clothes? One thing that this picture adchieves is drawing your attention and then questioning from who it is and what the purpose is -> It is from Alexander Wang, but the purpose is???

okay kids, it's a preview, not a campaign image, it's probably a cropped one. chill pill.

Love the photo, it's a stunning shot. I'm kind of torn, because on one hand it obviously makes sense to have clothes in your campaign if your a designer. On the other hand, advertising is more about branding/brand awareness so I'm not sure it really matters.

Where're the clothes

I don't think you should take this single shot as being the whole campaign. I think they couldn't throw a better preview shot. It obviously, well at least for me, makes us want to see the rest of the campaign.

it's a silly ad campaign teaser...what is he trying to sell to the readers/client/buyers?

Looks like the purpose of that image is not for selling items. It was supposed to show an image the brand pursues, I guess, but somehow it's too experimental to be an ad. I would've seen it in Acne Paper.

It's love at first sight for me, I like how abstract it is.

A great photographer, great model, nice collection and they are not showing anything! :ninja:

I really love this but I hope that somehow it's relevant to the collection.

Today, Alexander Wang released teaser images of his Steven Klein-lensed Spring ‘13 campaign (above). Styled by Patti Wilson and starring Malgosia Bela (who, having also appeared in Miu Miu’s Spring ads, is painted primitively with white), the preview photographs are clean and minimal. So minimal, in fact, that as far as we can tell, they don’t include any clothes. They do, however, capture the severe urban-warrior feel of Wang’s futuristic Spring offerings. The full campaign will premiere in spring issues of CR Fashion Book, Love, and Interview magazine.

style.com

i HATE campaigns where they don't show the actual merchandise. it's not artsy. it's BS. you're supposed to sell us something!

As single pics for a campaign they don't really make much sense, but hell, what striking images. I really hope there are many more and Malgosia is just a phenomenal model.

Reminds me of one of her past eds by Meisel in which she was also covered in argile or painted in white and showing her skills in posing and expressions.
Malgosia can do no wrong in my eyes, paired with Klein and this collection being one of my favourites of the season i'm really excited to see the rest. But I definitely like what I see so far. I like the mystery and I think refreshing to have once in awhile something different than just a bland advert , with clothes and accesories in your face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->