Alexander Wang S/S 2013 : Malgosia Bela by Steven Klein

navyvelvetbowtie

Reaction score
tumblr_mg8pprZyw21rrse0wo1_1280.jpg

glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

NEW FACES: For his spring ad campaign, Alexander Wang sought a clean break from his fall effort with David Sims and model Kati Nescher, who were both new to the brand. Instead, Steven Klein was brought in to shoot Malgosia Bela for the campaign, which was art directed by Pascal Dangin — the first time they have worked for the label. Bela has recently appeared in the campaigns for several European brands, including Valentino and Miu Miu, while Klein has most recently been shooting for Calvin Klein. The stark campaign, which features a bleached blonde Bela, breaks in the spring issues of Love, CR Fashion Book and Interview.

wwd / january 7, 2013

^looks like it was inspired by Tilda Swinton. A travesty.

The mop on Malgosia's head is an absolute disaster but aside from that it's a great shot. Wang is one of those designers who, because of their insane popularity, have the privilege to produce a stark, artsy ad like this. I really appreciate campaigns that don't blatantly try to shove a lifestyle down my throat and instead produce interesting, eye-catching photos (à la DVF F/W 08 with Natalia).

Can't wait to see more.

Ok this would make a phenomenal shot for an editorial, but for an ad campain, no. really Wang? What are you selling, paint and wigs?

Steven Klein, Alexander Wang, Malgosia Bela? :woot:
This first shot makes me feel very very excited. I like this amount of whiteness with the pose and sort of shadows all over. Cannot wait to see more, with the clothes obviously.

Waiting to see before passing judgment...

The hair looks terrible and it's a shame we haven't seen any clothes yet because the collection was really great on the catwalk. I'll wait for more shots to surface in order to make a better judgement.

what's the point in releasing a campaign without the clothes?

i know it's just one shot in the campaign so far, but if this is the first one they release, i'm not going to hold my breath... and i was hoping for something great, because i really liked his latest show.

God this is awful. That has to be the worst hair I have seen outside a crack house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->