Alexander Wang S/S 2013 : Malgosia Bela by Steven Klein

my first thought:

Vogue Italia March 1999

I agree that this is a little bit strange for a campaign image, but in the same time Wang is well known of that his campaigns are different than others. And that's why we love them so much, arent we? Hope to see more clothes. And if this is gonna look like Vogue's edd, for me it will be one of the best campaigns of the season!

Last edited by a moderator:
well, now i'm afraid of what may happen with the next balenciaga campaigns. Steven's images are stunning, though:heart:

I don't think the average luxury good consumer will understand this campaign, nor will they want to buy anything Wang because of this campaign (maybe for other reasons, but doubtful it's because of this).

That being said I like Malgosia in this. She's a great model and made that horrible hairstyle work.

These are campaign teasers, meaning that it wont be running in the magazines.

I think these images serve to show the art direction and the model, but as these are not made for the purpose of selling clothing, but instead for the purpose of garnering interest I think they are effective.

I actually like it

it's more like "Hey, I'm Alexander Wang, and I am an artist.(wink*) And I'm So GOOD, you should come visit me."
I like these two images, but you should pulling them as 10 years celebration visual image, not an average merchandising pushing stuff.

I don't get it, is she supposed to be playing a Butoh dancer or something?

these images that we see aren't the actual ones, the campaign is being revealed later as the article says

What makes me mad is that this was his best collection ever, when I saw the thread title I was expecting something amazing... but it's true what people say, expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.

Maybe there is sth more to come?

I love those shots though.

He's really a talented and super creative designer so this kind of "basic-artistic" vibe is not pretentious. Beauty deserves also image research and not only a beautiful model, in a beautiful dress in a beautiful adv ..

the image is awesome but an ad without clothes is silly hipster wannabe

FINALLY SOME CLOTHES!

tumblr_mgou1z_KG771rrse0wo1_1280.jpg

glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

Unhh... I like Malgosia but this photo just makes me very uncomfortable... :shock:

yeah, legs spread apart that widely, with only a loincloth covering her privates... and then that white white skin...

yikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->