All About Your Jeans...

yes i'm american... well i just ordered 2 pairs of guys jeans from goclothing.com if they look too much like "guys" jeans i'm going to return them. i just got true religion woodstock jeans, and they just aren't all that comfy. so im gona see if the guys version is better! my fiance laughed because he's like, "now we can share pants" unfortunatley i wear a 29 and he's a 36.. ah well! :P

Luna said:
Although... the rise would probably make you look like you have a package... men's pant rises are longer, no?

i duno, i tried on his 7's and they are really low waisted, and besides being huge(i pinned them to see) they fit much better. womens jeans are made for 5'10 110lb girls, and that deff. isnt me.. haha :lol:

mkonowitch said:
i duno, i tried on his 7's and they are really low waisted, and besides being huge(i pinned them to see) they fit much better. womens jeans are made for 5'10 110lb girls, and that deff. isnt me.. haha :lol:

That's not necessarily true. I'm 5'5 and 120 and I have little difficulty finding jeans that fit me fine. They generally do run a bit long, but it's usually not difficult at all to hem them. I struck gold at Pac-sun. Their jeans run VERY true to size.

Emi

as of now, every pair of jeans i have get tailored. i get them hemmed a good couple of inches, and then have the back taken in, because it sticks out because the waist is too big, but i need the room for my but. not fun. each pair of $150+ jeans end up costing close to $200 after all is said and done. hope these guys jeans just need a hem! they are being mailed today, so hopefully i will get them by mid-week next week! :smile: :smile:

I hope that the one's you ordered work out....let us know.

My roomate is a guy and we always swap jeans. Sometimes I swear his wardrobe is better then mine! Gotta love those sexy gay men!

how do you wear your jeans? what are your favorites? what styles do you like? which brands? washes? what do you wear them with? heels?flats?sneakers?

*please don't use this thread to tell everyone what jeans are so "out" and what brands you "hate". it's okay to tell your opinion, but the whole point of the thread is really to talk about how you wear them, what kinds you like, etc...

Wow great idea for a thread!

I can't live without my jeans! They are part of the foundation of my warobe and since I work in an engineering environment, I can always wear jeans to work.

I never like flares, I think they make me look too "retro" :huh:
I used to stick to boot-cuts or straight legs but for quite a few months now, it's been skinnies for me!
Fav. jeans would include the usual suspects like PDC, Tsubi and Miss Sixty.
And of course Levis!
I find that their styles, washes and inseams suit me the best!
I actually quite like Rock & Republic too, but their inseams are waaaayyy too
long for me!

When I was in school, I would just wear my jeans with t-shirts, yup like the junkfood-style ones (forgive me, for I was young :wink:)
Now anything goes with my jeans, I especially like pairing them with floaty, chiffon tops or vintage victorian blouses for a bigger contrast.
I stop short of wearing them with dresses though, I have done it before and I felt it just wasn't me. :ninja:

If I could, I would wear them with heels everyday, just so that my legs would look longer (ah vanity!)
But I usually alternate with flats for comfort's sake and now since it's F/W, I like to tuck my skinnies into boots sometimes as well :flower:

...I've tried the "dress over jeans" look myself, chiangsi, and it didn't suit my style either. as for tucking jeans into boots- big fan of that, as well as wearing my jeans with flats. I'm looking for a pair of flat, "fashion" sneakers, and when (if) I find them, I'll be wearing those with the right jeans...

Ah!
I know exactly what you mean em_692!

I always see a girl on the street (or in the models' street style thread) who looks so nice with fashion sneakers and jeans!
But somehow I think I am still not getting the look right..or it could be a matter of getting used to it.

I have tried quite a few brands...puma, le sports coqtif, vintage ones... nike
I guess the closest ones which actually work for me are my nikes!

are your Nike sneakers similar to the ones in Harper's Bazaar? that's where I got my inspiration from... I think the ones in the magazine are called "sprint sister".

and what type of jeans would you wear with fashion sneakers? I'm not quite sure which styles would work with this...

I'm thinking straight legs....
skinnies might work too..for a very 80s' look but they'll have to be a perfect length..else imo, all that bunching at the leg looks strange.

I'm not sure what my Nikes are called...don't think they are the ones you mentioned though as I got them sometime ago.

I'm always on the search for the perfect basic jeans...right now my favorite pair are from Paige (the only thing I hate is that I have to wear a size up than I normally do for the best fit!)

I also have one pair from Earnest Sewn that I've lived in for months that are straight leg. I love that look, but I've had a hard time finding an exact pair. I'm going to search out Tsubi in a little while.

And I've also found that Gap makes great jeans for the price point. I got a pair of dark, Ultra Low Rise a little while ago and they're so comfortable.

Most of the time, I wear my jeans with cute flats, but I do like the look of tucking jeans into boots. Ocasionally, I'll put jeans with Converse, too.

For washes, I tend to go for medium to dark. I used to like light more, but lately, I don't see them working with the clothes I have as much.

Good topic. :D

Right now my favorite jeans makers are 45 RPM and Dior Homme...as much as I like the crisp, clean look of dark denim that seems to be emerging as a real force to be reckoned with, I personally prefer tastefully distressed jeans...(see what are you wearing today, the last 2nd or 3rd page...the jeans I'm wearing in that pic are my ideal kind of wash). At this point I HAVE to wear jeans that are extra long in the inseam and have a bunched up effect, I think that way of styling jeans looks so much cooler.

Originally Posted by chiangis1980:
I'm thinking straight legs....
skinnies might work too..for a very 80s' look but they'll have to be a perfect length..else imo, all that bunching at the leg looks strange.

...I think straight legs sound good. I don't want an 80's look, so I probably wont do skinnies with sneakers. I'll see how it all looks anyways :flower:

right now I'm kind of into the "true religion-esque" pockets... but they don't need to be any particular brand.

here's a pic just in case:

...though I think it looks better with a slightly smaller button.

^ I have read somewhere that the pockets are what makes it hard for true religion jeans to look good on everyone.

Though judging from their popularity, I don't think that really matters...I have a pair and my butt looks..ok :unsure:

They are in semi-retirement now..I found them a little too "flared" even for straight-legs.

Oh and I love to wear my jeans too with belts, either on the waist or lower, especially with tunic tops. I think a Chanel chain belt with denim is just a very classic look..though of course it would be years before I can get one :wink:

I tried to fashion tops out of huge scarves before..but I think due to a lack of skill, it didn't quite work for me...ended up wearing it as a sash instead.

Love all my jeans... I've just got straight leg and skinny jeans in a range of washes and I dunno if it's just me but for some reason, greys and blacks look dressier??!! I dunno, if it's just my eyes or something... Hehehe...

I pretty much only wear them on lazy days, at home and to uni and I try to opt for something different when I go out so I don't get bored.

Also, I usually wear them with flats or flip-flops, especially when I'm around my friends because they're all shorter than me and I feel like a GIANT!!

Hi!

I love skinnies! And boot-cuts or straight legs too. My jeans are allways dark-dark blue, mainly unwashed ones. My favourites are from Diesel, Levis, H&M and PartTwo (two lasts aren´t really jeans-brands, but they fit me great). I wear them with ballerina flats, fashion sneakers and different kind of boots. And 'cause blazers are my statements, I also wear jeans with them.

Originally Posted by chiangis1980:
^ I have read somewhere that the pockets are what makes it hard for true religion jeans to look good on everyone.

Though judging from their popularity, I don't think that really matters...I have a pair and my butt looks..ok :unsure:

i'm hoping to find a brand other than true religion with those kinds of pockets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->