All About Your Jeans...

also, what is it that makes the fit strange in true religion jeans?

lately I've gotten really exited about jeans that are cut off into knee lenght shorts.. I'm planning to wear them over thights now that it's colder

em 692 said:
i'm hoping to find a brand other than true religion with those kinds of pockets...

Some Hudsons have similar pockets.

I wear jeans almost everyday.
My favourites are Citizens which are bootcut, Topshop Baxter skinny jeans and Dondup slim and straight jeans.
I wear them mostly with ballet flats.

I wear jeans almost every day. esp. when it's Winter. I mainly wear Lee, Levis and h&m. I like them comfy. so very low waist as a no no. partly because of my tummy as well :lol: At the moment I like straight-legged and skinny the best. I bet the skinny ones are just a phase. But the straight-legged :heart:

I wear everything with them. Not too found of the dress over jeans combo though, normally that makes me look like a petite bag lady.

is it just me, or does some denim jave greenish tints :blink: i pointed this out to one of my friends, but she just called me colorblind... wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Indigo can have a greenish cast for a number of reasons, ranging from mineral impurities or additives in the dye vat to deliberate overdying (which can also be used to impart tints of other colors, as in the Dior Homme orange overdyed jeans.)

Tell your friend that. :D

i'm a big jeans fan. but i've always stuck to boot-cut styles. recently i caved in and bought a skinny jean when i was on holiday (everyone else was wearing skinny jeans in tokyo. i was under extreme pressure to conform!) and guess wat - i love it too. but the only problem is the bunching at the knees after a while. and the fact that it tends to get "stretched-out"
does anyone else face the same issues? or is it just me?

I used to wear jeans much more often. Now I just seem to wear them if I'm out for a night on the town (if I'm not wearing dress pants).

I can't do skinny-leg jeans... I'm not thin enough to pull it off comfortably. I like a wide boot-cut... in fact, I may sway toward more of a flare jean... I like my jeans to *just* touch the ground. It adds a bit of height to my 5'4 body. I buy most of my jeans so the inseam is a little longer than I'd need if I wore flats. I simply don't wear flats when I wear jeans - it's sandals or boots, around a 3" heel.

It IS hard to find the perfect pair of jeans, though. It'll be a neverending quest, as far as I see it.

Originally Posted by tangerine:
Indigo can have a greenish cast for a number of reasons, ranging from mineral impurities or additives in the dye vat to deliberate overdying (which can also be used to impart tints of other colors, as in the Dior Homme orange overdyed jeans.)

thank you, very helpful :flower:

Erin, i like my jeans to just touch the ground as well. any longer just gets in the way, and any shorter (with the exception of skinny jeans) doesn't look right... i'm a shorter person as well, and i find it does add some height ^_^

There was a time when I would like the hem of my jeans to literally "sweep the floor".
Guess how much grief that gave me come laundry time! :doh:

Now I much prefer my jeans to either just touch the ground, or be about half an inch above it..with the exception of skinnies where I much prefer them to be around my ankles.

Floor sweeping hems just doesn't cut it around Singapore and certain parts of LA.. yikes :yuk:

tangerine said:

Tell your friend that. :D

In addition to this, sometimes indigo will have a greenish tint as it fades when the denim has been dyed with natural vegetable dye (i.e. 45 RPM 'aihiko' jeans).

i'm searching for the peffect pair -
the darker the better, straight or slightly flared preffered, long to the bottom, with not much space at the butt area - most of the cuts have to much space there...
i've harrow hips and muscular calves - skinnies don't work the best for me:blink:
my 2 favorite pairs - straight levis [jenny lee square cut] and rough denim jeans bougth in japan 4 years ago.

what stores/brands do you suggest for shorties (5'2- 5'3)? i dont want to bother to hem them, and i dont think any designer makes petite-sized jeans. bad luck for me, since i've really wanted to try jeansfrom miss sixty :(

the only jeans i've had fit me were from gap (long and lean, ankle cut)

jeya said:
what stores/brands do you suggest for shorties (5'2- 5'3)? i dont want to bother to hem them, and i dont think any designer makes petite-sized jeans. bad luck for me, since i've really wanted to try jeansfrom miss sixty :(

the only jeans i've had fit me were from gap (long and lean, ankle cut)

i am 5'4" and have the same problem...
i too have found that those exact gap jeans fit me the best (although ironically, i am neither long nor lean... perhaps they should be called short and shaped), and i can often go without hemming them...

levi's are a another good choice...
i never caught onto the the designer jean craze...
nothing ever fit as comfortably as a simple pair of gaps or levis...

i know some people "only wear dark denim", but i don't limit myself to just one type of wash. medium washes- darker washes are what i lean towards, anything in between that is usually good ^_^ though extra-light denim is the one thing i never wear, or anything with a greenish tint :ninja:

em 692 said:
is it just me, or does some denim jave greenish tints :blink: i pointed this out to one of my friends, but she just called me colorblind... wondering if anyone else has seen this.

I totally agree with you!! I wanted to get a pair of the Sass and Bide EVH jeans in the light blue wash and I noticed that there was a very slight greenish tint to it than the ones I saw before and my sis and best friend thought I was being silly!! I didn't end up getting them cos of the "green" thing... Wow, I thought it was just me!! I feel much better now!! ^_^

Your favorite pair of jeans?

Well, which brand are they from?
I adore Acne's jeans ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->