Allure December 2018/January 2019 : Nicole Kidman by Vicki King

serendipity8777

Reaction score
ZcovQR0G_o.jpg

kevinkkelly1 on ebay

Awful! I get what they were trying to go for, but the shot is unflattering and not worthy of a cover. The styling accents are obscured - why not show that dress off in a better way, or at least the earrings? People seem to forget sometimes that is still a mainstream magazine cover. Also, they've done a similar editorial with Kirsty Hume last month.

:blink: the hair covering one of her eyes is just...

i see what they were going for with the hair. Let's not forget that long long ago Nicole had a most amazing mane of untamed curly red hair . I also admire that they're willing to put women over 50 on the cover, which Allure is pretty good at.. after all age is a huge part of promoting diversity.

Nicole Kidman is making rounds in covers! Are we to expect a Vogue cover?

This one however is forgettable.

But at least she’s slightly recognizable. Marie Claire should take notes. Just saying.

This one actually works, they try so hard these days, but here there is something so naturally fresh about the shot, i can't help and love it. It has a certain element of spontaneity.

I love this, if only because I wasnt expecting to recognize her when I clicked on the thread :P

They should of dyed her hair red and gone full Days of Thunder.

Nicole Kidman is making rounds in covers! Are we to expect a Vogue cover?

I certainly hope so! She's definitely having a lot of projects out now.
And hopefully it will be better than this cover, even though I can appreciate the hair and makeup here.

I like it very much. I understand the hair might be a bit distracting, but I don't mind.

Yikes, just realised now this is a double month issue. Really, this cover? ,Won't sell for them, sorry.

Why do they keep giving Nicole covers? I don't get it. It doesn't sell, she became a meme, nobody cares.

Why do they keep giving Nicole covers? I don't get it. It doesn't sell, she became a meme, nobody cares.

Are you kidding me? Nicole is still one of the best and most popular actresses ever and a beauty/fashion icon. Of course she’s still getting covers. And give me one piece of proof her covers don’t sell.

Quite fond of this actually, and think it also would've worked beautifully for Vogue Australia with a navy blue masthead. This looks really good for Allure (especially following last month's poor Angela Bassett offering), and I'm keen to see rest of the shoot.

Are you kidding me? Nicole is still one of the best and most popular actresses ever and a beauty/fashion icon. Of course she’s still getting covers. And give me one piece of proof her covers don’t sell.
It must be an American thing then. :unsure:

She is still a star with a capital S. She has that aura of Glamour that people always love.
She is like Charlize Theron. I don’t know if she sells or even if people go to see her movies but she is the glamorous actress...almost like an icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->