US Vogue December 2018 : Emily Blunt by Annie Leibovitz

I don't like this. It looks like a poster or the cover of one the magazines about new movies coming up. I want to see Vogue finding back its identity, every month it looks like what is supposed to be the biggest fashion magazine is in the hands of the cover star and their teams: Beyoncé and the first afro american photographer, Gaga and Brandon Maxwell, Claire and her "edgy" hair à la Lisbeth Salander..

This cover should be the official poster for the film. It's brilliant!
As the cover of a fashion magazine , it's laughable.
Someone please fire Anna.

I'm not a fan of covers that just recreate whatever film the celebrity happens to be promoting (this goes for Claire Foy as Lisbeth Salander, etc.). It's lazy and uninspired.

This one is a rollercoaster of thoughts. This dont belong in Vogue. Just no.

Anna Wintour saying “That’s all” in Vogue’s latest 73 Questions is just surreal and very meta

Just saw EW has her on the cover is the same Victorian getup. So much for exclusivity.

I love that they went with Emily Blunt dressed as Mary Poppins. I love it! I loved it when they did it with Michelle Williams as Marilyn.

But I agree with everyone. Emily was overdue for a cover. She’s a fashion darling and always thought her pregnant shot in the April 2014 should have been the cover rather than that trash Kimye.

This will really stand out on stands. I love it.

Love the blue umbrella covering the E of masthead. This is classic Annie, I like it. It's more 1999 Vanity Fair, but it's a lovely shot. Emily, I always like her. This is 12 years overdue.

If they'd gone for stronger makeup and left out the hat, I think I'd love this. As is, it's just not quite working. When I think of a great Vogue cover with an actress as the character in the film she's promoting, I think of Kirsten Dunst on the September 2006 cover, one of my all time favorites. This doesn't live up, though I do like the whimsy.

Emily Blunt by Annie Leibovitz
Styled by Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Didier
Makeup: Stéphane Marais

869668BF-13B1-490E-8650-2E581B15AEC1.jpeg
67D9DDE2-D3AA-446A-9AEA-6BBC9E1527EC.jpeg
E86AD38C-95E7-4F83-A162-607CD123E6FC.jpeg
61A95774-1658-4E6E-A693-21AAEC22FD19.jpeg
D3E05AE5-19F4-4CA3-91F4-B4FE08A29FD1.jpeg C844691E-0EBF-46D1-B661-58F56F947818.jpeg

An indefinite NO to the first two shots. They were strong enough individually, why turn it into a collage? Imagine that profile shot of her with the millinery as the opening double page. And I don't like the makeup and hair colour on her. Makes her look tired and run down. The rest of the shots are great. Especially like the behind the scenes approach. It's definitely Leibovitz's strength.

An indefinite NO to the first two shots. They were strong enough individually, why turn it into a collage? Imagine that profile shot of her with the millinery as the opening double page. And I don't like the makeup and hair colour on her. Makes her look tired and run down. The rest of the shots are great. Especially like the behind the scenes approach. It's definitely Leibovitz's strength.

It will be strikingly good if Annie used the basic multi-exposure trick but no she needs Photoshop to make it nice and I can tolerate them. The rest looks great but it will fit for Vanity Fair Hollywood issue than Vogue.

It will be strikingly good if Annie used the basic multi-exposure trick but no she needs Photoshop to make it nice and I can tolerate them. The rest looks great but it will fit for Vanity Fair Hollywood issue than Vogue.

True! This would have been a stunning cover for Vanity Fair, but the circle is now complete. After voicing her discontent over that movie, Anna has been somewhat forced to give covers to Meryl, Anne and Emily. Regardless of what pick-mes like Pyer Moss may think.

Outside the bathrooms, CFDA honoree Kerby Jean-Raymond, of hot label Pyer Moss, quipped onstage, “I’m going to say something Anna probably doesn’t want me to say . . . She’s a really nice person.”

An attendee told us, “He then looked to Emily Blunt and said, ‘Your movie didn’t do her justice,’ ” referring to “The Devil Wears Prada.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->