US Vogue December 2018 : Emily Blunt by Annie Leibovitz

I wonder if Annie Leibovitz shooted this. Very her style and she’s good at using backdrop.

This is shamefully ridiculous, actually to the point of parody! How appropriate though, that they would end their awful year on another low!

I despise everything about this, not even someone as wonderful as Blunt can save it, this is NOT why i buy Vogue!

I'm pretty sure it was shot by Leibovitz.

To be honest I get the criticism, and how it looks like EW, but it was never going to be easy to 'fashionise' Mary Poppins, or even edge her look up. With Marie Antoinette, Marilyn, Daisy Buchanan or Lisbeth Salander it's easy because they're already fashion/art icons. As it is the Dior looks amazing on the cover and very apt. I hope Emily's feature will deliver one of those dreamy cinematic type editorials.

Did disney force them to go the literal route? I love Emily and i was excited when i clicked the title... but this is too literal and cheap for me. She looks amazing nonetheless, though.

They could have kept the color scheme and have a closed umbrella nearby, something fashionable that hints at the movie... they already have the tagline.

seriously I can't wait to see Anna finally leaving. Dear god, she's hurting my eyes month after month.

Cheesy or not I love this cover! Finally Emily gets her well-deserved cover and straight away it sells the film. Makes me feel nostalgic almost...

Can't wait to see it in HQ! Finally Vogue US looks like Vogue US again!

Going by the comments it's either love it or hate it with this cover. Funny enough i'm in between. It could have been much better but it's not bad at all. I'm so happy to see Emily here, a lovely woman and she deserves this cover so much.

Looking forward to seeing the editorial.

You sure it's 2018 and not 2008 here? However, I like this more than any of their experimental ''new vibe'' covers recently.

I have to agree with some of the comments:
I can't believe we had to wait that much and they put her on the cover, because of Mary Poppins... :ermm:
for me too, this is too literal and cheap, and the make-up is not doing any justice either
they could stick to a fantasy idea, but with different set or outfit, only connecting to the movie in some elements. disappointment...

The thing that disappoints me about US Vogue is the literal interpretation of the subject.
( remember the atrocious Paltrow cover with the Iron Man mask?)
Fashion seems an afterthought. This picture could easily work on Vanity Fair or vintage Rolling Stone ca. 2007.
It looks more an entertainment magazine, which I have zero interest.
I love seeing Emily Blunt on the cover but had hoped for something more classically beautiful.
It's a fun cover but forgettable for me.

Soo happy Emily finally got a cover, long overdue. I wish it wasn't so obviously in character, but I'm just so happy to see her and it's fun.

There’s something nalstogic about this cover that’s giving me good vibes, the styling as well as the backdrop really work for me here.

It somehow reminds of Drew Barrymore on the March 2008 issue by Steven Meisel. I find this suitable for US Vogue and especially for a December issue.

I could careless about the actress and having her “deserve” a cover finally, but she does shine bright in this picture alone...hope the editorial approach is as strong!

As echoed in previous comments this looks like a literal film still from the movie, and a benign one at that. The VOGUE team took no creative risks or artistic liberties. Where's the whimsy, endless possibilities? Even Emily's bemused face isn't buying it. Congrats for making fluffy clouds boring.

The cover looks like a brain fart. The art direction is non-existent. Even Newsweek produces more compelling covers. Oh they called and want their color scheme back.

While opening the thread I was praying "please don't be dressed as Mary Poppins, please don't be dressed as Mary Poppins...."

Ugh, why is Vogue so corny

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->