US Vogue December 2018 : Emily Blunt by Annie Leibovitz

These Queens keep on shading Anna, while the latter just thrives. Sit down. Focus on your craft.

Nina please. Don't think we haven't forgotten about your Selena Gomez cover. Compare that with Anna's Selena cover, and rethink your comment. And its as if her Michelle Obama offering was any better? A hairstylist was absent in that shoot.

Also, where was James Scully when Edward shared a cover with W Magazine? Would he rather have an Emily Blunt cover or a non-exclusive cover for VOGUE? Where were all these nay-sayers then? The funnier thing is he goes to praise Edward's Adut cover and goes to say "And in these scary times we get some needed light!" Just give him a job already. Did he mention that Adut only had 2 random shots inside?

And how on earth is UK Vogue and Vogue Paris look more American than US Vogue? Vogue Paris is heavily criticized for sticking to that 80s/Parisienne shtick for years. UK Vogue is nowhere near American. US Vogue looks very American if you ask me. I mean, before you shade someone, might as well do some research?

Wintour is hardly the worst offender out there, far worse EICs.

100% truth. Queens be acting like Glenda Bailey's Bazaar doesn't exist. That Marie Claire is a mess. That Cosmopolitan is in rumbles.

Last edited:
I love Lara's editorial. And for the other, looks like a very consistent issue.

About that cover... Oh, that I&V comment was a CHOICE and I guess they closed their doors at CN. At least, we're gonna see more photographers in Vogue Paris.

Daniel Jackson's editorial looks like "Paris Je T'aime" from Vogue US September 2007 by Steven Meisel, but a terrible cheap version of it.

No couture editorial?

That was the first thing I looked for as well. Nothing, I'm afraid. Would be very odd for them to skip couture. Unless it got shifted to the January issue, which must mean the edit features a celeb. Even then, January is almost too late for couture!

So Tonne Goodman is already out?

Benn98 can u look at the masthead?

My digital version is not available yet

Nope, her name is nowhere to be seen on the masthead. I thought it was a done deal that she's no longer at Vogue? At least, not formally. She's a freelancer now. Like Posnick, I would imagine.

^^ If I’m not wrong, the only issues which included coutore editorials in the past years were October 2016 with Lupita Nyong’o and April 2018 with Kendall.

And how on earth is UK Vogue and Vogue Paris look more American than US Vogue? Vogue Paris is heavily criticized for sticking to that 80s/Parisienne shtick for years. UK Vogue is nowhere near American. US Vogue looks very American if you ask me. I mean, before you shade someone, might as well do some research?

I'm always curious about the reason people think Emmanuelle is following 80s / Parisienne shtick for years.

Emmanuelle style is more like the early 70s American Vogue. To me, it seems like her aesthetic was highly influenced by 70s Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Kourken Pakchanian, Chris von Wangenheim, and Francesco Scavullo etc than very Parisian photographers like Jean Loup Sieff, Guy Bourdin. Alex Chatelain and Bugat.

^^
Emmanuelle's aesthetic is very ELLE in the 80's. It has always been...
MAS and Carine had those influences you mentionned because MAS worked with Bourdin and she knew Vogue.
Carine is maybe edgier because her father did those movies....

Emmanuelle is classic 80's. She is a bit "bobo" so, she can totally do La boheme with eyes closed but she is not really challenging herself. She did when she had those two personalities with her...now..

Don't get me wrong, the tears over Anna needing to hand over the reins is justified. But I'm surprised that she's the only one Scully is targeting when there are so many worse offenders. Tonchi, Glenda Bailey, Samantha Barry, the newly resurrected Interview, for instance. There's an immense legacy attached to all these magazines. And I'd say next to all of them, Anna still comes out on top, even in her pitiful state.

No mystery that he's all over Edward's Adut cover, and also no mention of her getting only 2 shots in a 10 page edit. So no, Scully can sit down with his todger in his hand and stay perving on crotches and bubble butts, because this just looks petty and personal. I see I&V cosigned, guess they won't be shooting for US CN anytime soon. Bethann Hardison responded very rational and in a classy way. Surprised at Nina Garcia joining in. There's something a bit, I dunno, unprofessional about her doing that. Dare I say tacky!

I feel like Scully criticism, much like Rucci's ones are always "tarnished" by that not so subtle personal attacks.
US Vogue is what it is but as you said, there are so many offenders...

I find American Vogue quite boring but at least, it's well executed and the vision is clear. The same cannot be said about what the hell Glenda is doing since forever.
I just don't understand what she does to keep her position. Either she is much more influencial than i believe or she made a pact with the devil:lol::lol:
If Scully barometer of taste start with Enninful, i'm worried.

That was the first thing I looked for as well. Nothing, I'm afraid. Would be very odd for them to skip couture. Unless it got shifted to the January issue, which must mean the edit features a celeb. Even then, January is almost too late for couture!

Nope, her name is nowhere to be seen on the masthead. I thought it was a done deal that she's no longer at Vogue? At least, not formally. She's a freelancer now. Like Posnick, I would imagine.
Just saw she’s now at contributing editor. Eve McSweeney the features director is out too.

I hate the thing about Virginia Smith being the fashion director, I miss the job going to a stylist. Now we gonna see Jorden Bickham styling a vogue cover...

190 pages and two dreary editorials...how far the mighty have fallen.

At least Edward's issue looks like some thought and production values went into it.

This cover is a welcomed sighed after a set dismal set of covers for September, October and November. It does certainly feel like a throwback to the good old days of American Vogue (an era where we would complain tirelessly over these types of covers, ha).

Daniel Jackson's edit looks like the highlight of the issue, I'm here for everything from his photography to the casting and the mixture of location and studio shots. Not to mention just how beautiful that shot of Adut Akech in the yellow Valentino is!

I actually like the styling by Jorden Bickham in that editorial, it elevates what should have been quite pedestrian, shows a great mix of established and newer brands and compliments the jewelry rather well.

If we needed further proof how dire the situation is for magazines, pick up this issue! I have seen January had more pages, remember when December used to have well over 300, close to 400 pages? Yeah! And I remember thinking last year how sad it was the Dec issue had only like 280 pages. :lol:

This whole year the issues of Vogue were super lacking in ad health. Allure.etc even worse....

The amount of fashion pages in this issue is depressing.

I hope 2019 will be better for Vogue.

The editorial is really good, why they always pick weird image for cover ??

I love Lara's editorial. And for the other, looks like a very consistent issue.

About that cover... Oh, that I&V comment was a CHOICE and I guess they closed their doors at CN. At least, we're gonna see more photographers in Vogue Paris.

What comment?

I thought Jorden Bickham would have a position, but she's only a contributing editor.

I thought Jorden Bickham would have a position, but she's only a contributing editor.
James Scully throw major shade to Anna and the magazine in his instagram and I&V commented the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->