Allure January 2009 : Eva Mendes by Michael Thompson

Miss Dalloway

Reaction score
eva-allure.jpg

eva-allure1.jpg
eva-allure2.jpg

Eva on the Calvin Klein ads that were banned because they featured a nude Mendes rolling around in the sheets of a bed: “Can you trust me on this one for a second? My nipple — it is soooo not a big deal. You just see the nipple for a split second while I’m rolling around on a bed. That’s it!”

Eva on whether her stunning looks are helping or hurting her Hollywood career: “I’m not one of those actresses who says that because of my good looks I don’t get offered the right things. No! I’m not being offered the things I want because I haven’t shown my ability as an actress.”

Eva on her never-confirmed but highly reported stint in rehab last winter: “Ummmmm … I’m not confirming or denying rehab.”

Eva on her ditzy reputation: “I’m a smart cookie. You can’t do what I do and not be smart. But am I an intellectual? No. And I think that’s what I mean when I say I look for brains in men.”
Image and Text Source: FadedYouthBlog

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like that, yet again, they've gone for something different with the cover, but likewise, I buy Allure for reportage about lipsticks rather than T-shirt cleavage shots. It's like she turned up for a shoot with GQ (and left her hairbrush at home, which should be a no-no if you're going to feature in a beauty magazine).

Just when I thought they started producing beautfiul covers with
Eva Longoria Parker & Scarlett Johansson, they revert back to this plain, boring cover :huh:

This cover is just a NO, she's a really hot chicha but the pose is so amateur

the go from the other Eva to Scarlett(2 great covers)
nothin against this Eva but she looks hot and sticky
and not the good kind

^ I kno, but i guess its partially not her fault. I bet most people see her as eternal sex vixen. TRY SOMETHING NEW!! Or at least make it more interesting like Interview

i think the cover is a bad shot (and boring) but it reminds me of the old early 2000s late 90's allure covers and that is cool.

Awww... Allure was on such a roll with two back-to-back fantastic covers and now this mess =/ A little part of me was actually looking forward to seeing what they had in store, now I'm slightly disappointed.

I do like that, yet again, they've gone for something different with the cover, but likewise, I buy Allure for reportage about lipsticks rather than T-shirt cleavage shots. It's like she turned up for a shoot with GQ (and left her hairbrush at home, which should be a no-no if you're going to feature in a beauty magazine).
Allure has some answers for you :D
(allure.com)
Until recently, Eva Mendes says, her "movie star" title felt "like an uneasy suit." To make her more comfortable, we dressed her in a simple white T-shirt for her Allure cover shoot with Michael Thompson...
Sure, Mendes has a killer body, but she's also learned how to play up her strengths on photo shoots: She sucks in her stomach and tilts her body to the side while keeping her butt down. "We can all look a lot better than we actually are," Mendes says. "You just have to know how to work it." And if you ask her, she has no choice: "I'm the girl who eats a margherita pizza before a photo shoot where I have to be scantily clad. I'm very defiant." Here, Mendes poses for Thompson in a T-shirt by The Row...

For her Allure shoot, hairstylist Serge Normant (left) gave the actress "bedroom-y, next-day hair." First, he smoothed on texturizing cream and spritzed volumizer on the roots. With a blow-dryer and a round brush, he curled the ends of her hair and pieces around her face, then added shine serum on the ends.

I like her pics, she looks amazing.

Photographer: Michael Thompson

Eva looks fantastic in her photos, but the cover is.. :ninja:

Different cover... The pictures inside are beautiful, but very typical of hers.

The cover seriously turns me off, the way she is positioned and appears to be naked from the waist down covering it by pulling the shirt?And wet shirt shots inside?Not something i want to see when it comes to my beauty magazine.

The cover has this very 90s feel, but not in a good way.Very surprised Michael Thompson shot it!

However i find Eva extremely fun in interviews and refreshingly honest.

The cover seriously turns me off, the way she is positioned and appears to be naked from the waist down covering it by pulling the shirt?And wet shirt shots inside?Not something i want to see when it comes to my beauty magazine.

Can´t wait to see those shots in HQ:brows:

:lol: Well there you go...this would have been more appropriate for a men's mag like GQ.etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->