Allure January 2009 : Eva Mendes by Michael Thompson

I like that the cover is different from usual, but it looks almost like Cosmo cover :doh:

She always looks great - and I love this sort of stuff in men's magazines - but from a beauty mag, I want visual inspiration and technical advice on how to look more groomed than I normally do, because I can easily recreate the dishevelled look myself (by getting out of bed).

If they put Dita Von Teese on the cover, I think I would buy six copies and use them in a black magic ritual in the hope that I'd wake up the next morning with perfect hair.

after they great covers lately this is so boring...always the same kind of shoot...and her expression it's not the best.

I would love to see DIta Von Teese in the cover she's gorgeous

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how Allure has been changing up their cover recently, but this one isn't my favorite.

I'm currently scanning Eva's editorial as I type this. A couple of popular models make some cameo appearances in the issue (Chiminazzo, Vujovic, Kuik) and one big surprise editorial (at least it was a surprise to me).

The surprise? Caroline Trentini has a 12-page editorial in this issue! She is usually featured in Vogue, so I'm guessing Anna Wintour probably loaned her over to Allure.

Be back in a second with the UHQ scans of Eva......

:shock:

we can't go a month without caroline showing up somewhere...:rolleyes::lol:

Here's the UHQ scans of Eva's disappointing 6-page editorial (minus the articles).

**All scans by yours truly

The Caroline Trentini editorial is being scanned by someone else (at Bellazon) and I will post those here as soon as they are available.

:shock:

The mag is on its way to my door,i'll scan Caroline :D

Valentina Zeliaeva (sp?)
ph.Thomas Schenk

scanned by me

Marija vujovic and Tiiu Kuik
ph.Miles Aldridge

scanned by me

ahhh buying this.. for jeisa. even if its like one picture and very small

Caroline Trentini
ph.Patrick Demarchelier

scanned by me

I like Eva...but I'm just not feeling this cover, her facial expression is kinda off :blink:

Is Allure a good magazine?
What is their aesthetic?
Is it under Conde Nast?

^ Right, it is under Conde Nast. :smile: Can't make sure if it's a good magazine though.. It's the matter of taste, isn't it?..

Thanks for all scans hfgl :flower:

OMG someone at Allure is seriously good at hair and make-up, Caroline's ed has such nice hair and make-up even if it's boring. And Aldridge's picture is so interesting, great to see him photograph for another publication

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->