Anna Wintour (March 2010 - February 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna Takes Orders From Karl

“He’s the master, so whatever he says, I obey.” –Anna Wintour, who wore custom Chanel to The Met Ball, speaks highly of Karl Lagerfeld

source: fashionista.com

I think the woman is a nut. I really do not see what gives her the authority and knowledge to run a magazine. The people under her do all the work. Why can't the women's mags run as well as the men's do.

^ Your post made absolutely no sense but thanks for trying!

^ Your post made absolutely no sense but thanks for trying!

Please tell me what makes her so special and deserves to run a magazine like Vogue. I think the days of the mega fashion magazine are numbered. The popularity of small, independent, niche publications is rising.

"After attending one of fashion’s biggest event of the year, the Met Gala, Anna Wintour invited N*E*R*D to perform at the after party last night and it got to be “Hot & Fun” in there!"
-
IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_7449.jpg

IMG_7462.jpg

bbcicecream.com/blog

She's awesome :lol: Absolutely loved what she wore to the MET. She looked smashing

PaoloM - after years of building up a magazine and working tremendous amounts, you gain respect like Anna Wintour has.
Just because she has people working hard under her, it doesnt mean she isnt.

Ah those photos of Anna at the after-party are.. precious. Looks like she had a lot of fun!

PaoloM - after years of building up a magazine and working tremendous amounts, you gain respect like Anna Wintour has.
Just because she has people working hard under her, it doesnt mean she isnt.

The way she acts and treats others just sickens me. I really don't see how she or her publication are relevant anymore. Any competent reader most likely has their own sense of taste and really doesn't need what the magazine is telling them to do. I am using my experiences with GQ to relate to this. GQ says you can never wear pleated pants or a 3 button suit. This is bull****, they fail to mention that there are many tailors and designers that can style those things well so they are not tricky or risky to wear. I think Vogue is just a bunch of billboards glued together. And I think Wintour is just a depressed, shallow woman, who know's she lives an empty life.

How dare you insult Anna Wintour. No! I take that back because the woman has been under fire ever since see came to prominence. There is nothing unique about disliking Wintour. Granted, she is a shrewd, harsh, b*tch who relies heavily on people with more talent and experience than she but such a role demands immense fortitude and foresight, for which she is famous, respected, and admired. As editor-in-chief of a $300 billion industry, she carries the crown of Queen of fashion with considerable grace and poise. Very few people can do the job. You see her with every major designer, you see her launching the careers of newer designers, you see her with stars and musicians, and she holds sway over all of them. She is probably the second most powerful woman in America, aside from Oprah. Maybe Michelle Obama has more influence but Obama doesn't even control whether or not her husband smokes, let alone the entire fashion universe. As for not liking Vogue...are you even into fashion?

I am into style, not fashion. I can justify spending over $10K on a piece of clothing, but it must be a timeless item, such as a bespoke suit. I like the art of permanent fashion. I shouldn't have to chase after clothing out of all things, I should not have to replace items I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
How dare you insult Anna Wintour. No! I take that back because the woman has been under fire ever since see came to prominence. There is nothing unique about disliking Wintour. Granted, she is a shrewd, harsh, b*tch who relies heavily on people with more talent and experience than she but such a role demands immense fortitude and foresight, for which she is famous, respected, and admired. As editor-in-chief of a $300 billion industry, she carries the crown of Queen of fashion with considerable grace and poise. Very few people can do the job. You see her with every major designer, you see her launching the careers of newer designers, you see her with stars and musicians, and she holds sway over all of them. She is probably the second most powerful woman in America, aside from Oprah. Maybe Michelle Obama has more influence but Obama doesn't even control whether or not her husband smokes, let alone the entire fashion universe. As for not liking Vogue...are you even into fashion?

agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->