Baby Phat F/W 06.07 NYC

I watched the video.And is it me or do all the models seem like they are struggling down the runway in those heels?One girl almost tripped over her dress bottom.I think they try to "dance" to the music on the runway and they always put one foot over the other so fast which leads to disaster.:cry: :blush:

^ I noticed that as well. Either the shoes are badly made or unstable. They weren't that pretty to be honest with you. What bugged me the most was the music some of the lyric's to some of the songs she was playing was horried. Oh, and those ugly bathing suits.....Yuck!!!! I don't think anyone wears bathing suits in the dead of winter.

While not as revolting as I would expect its still complete trash. Kimora Lee would be flipping pancakes at the local IHOP were she not blessed with her looks and wealthy husband. I'm quite tired of her attempts at fashion. You'd think she'd attempt to keep her trashy taste to herself instead of thrusting it onto an unsuspecting public. Sad since I see an unfortunate number of young girls wearing her creations.

Somehow, I don't think it's because of Russell's money that allows Kimora to keep designing and have a runway, like other posters have suggested.

So many teenagers wear Baby Phat these days. Go to any high school and you'll probably see girls wearing Baby Phat jackets, earrings, purses, etc. Rap/hiphop/R&B is very popular and it is this same group that buys her clothing.

Fans of high fashion may not like it, but the general public's teens (and the ones who have the most money to spend, thanks to their parents!) love it.

^^ I agree. There are alot of teen girls wearing her stuff. They're keeping her in business.

The music used in the show...Some I like(Sean Paul) and the heavy hard core rap-Ewww...WTF Was she thinking?I would be offended by some of the lyrics.I mean Kimora is gorgeous but who can't see that she's living off Russel's money?BTW-Did anybody catch last years at the end of the show all the models came out wearing her mugshot on their shirts?ROTFL

Kimora Lee would be flipping pancakes at the local IHOP were she not blessed with her looks and wealthy husband.
LMAO....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sun_Goddess said:
The music used in the show...Some I like(Sean Paul) and the heavy hard core rap-Ewww...WTF Was she thinking?I would be offended by some of the lyrics.

The people who buy her stuff are fans of that type of music. Many of the teens you'll find wearing her stuff are the ones who think they're ghetto/urban and listen to that hard-core rap. They're the ones that think they're "gangsta".

The culture of being "gangsta" and ghetto is big amongst teenagers. That's why doorags are selling, along with the clunky, shiny diamond jewelry (fake) that teens are wearing.

Personally, I can't wait for it to go away. But hey, it might be fading - emo/scene seems to be getting big now, with many of the teens in high school wearing skater brands like DC and Vans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->