Balenciaga F/W 2023.24 Paris

I mean... he really is not helping his case :lol:. I honestly, bottom of my heart, could not give a s*it about the controversy. I did for a minute but the way a sector of society has been willingly walking into obscurantism (is global warming real when I'm clearly cold? is there a cabal? do demons exist? are people in power diabolical? is the planet actually flat and we were lied to? is everyone into children? did they partner with the devil? will they then take away MY children?).. yeah that's a bigger problem because these idiots do vote haha

With that being said.. I've never worked in PR and never plan to but MY GOD! this isn't rocket science, people forgive EVERYTHING, especially Americans! nothing can taint anything ever, look at the way they forgive and proceed to defend godawful politicians. We live in a state of anomie where you can so easily come out of a dumb ad because memory is hard work and so is a moral compass. He said he reconnected with his love for clothing design in the presentation.. only to proceed to show the same shoulder gimmicks, the dumb long dresses with the ironic/generic prints, the gopnik getups. No one needed your irony or sense of humor, you can't afford it right now. You just needed to swallow your pride, hire some online bots to rave about your label, and find shelter in Nicolas' archives lol. Fall 2004, all you had to do with a few elements here and there to pretend it's 'by Demna'. Something that empowers women, that celebrates the connection of body+clothes, expands the clientele and call it a day!. I knew he was a one-trick pony and that he's not the brightest but this is like watching footage of someone towards the end of a rather simple labyrinth and he's so close to the exist, it is RIGHT THERE, and he's still running into walls. :lol:

Last edited:
I loved his first Balenciaga collection and unfortunately, it seems like he will never reach that level of perfection…

Indeed much like Michele, we have seen here that the vocabulary was limited but he managed to fool the world thanks to hypebeasts collabs (I must admit I want the Lay’s clutch), clickbait products, controversies and brutalists sets.

Here we are, stripped from all the effects, with just clothes to speak and there’s nothing. For some reason, I believed he was going to do a Vaccarello and make references to the founder, to something more classic, elevated, chic.
There are 2 looks I loved in this whole collection and the pant-boots are great.

I feel like we are coming to the end of his era. If Pinault is clever, he won’t renew his contract because clearly he has nothing else left to say.

My god, those silhouettes are actually disgusting to look at. Yuck. The crimes this man commited against fashion have nothing to do with children and everything to do with the way he tarnished the good name of Balenciaga by turning the brand into a typical slav's wet dream.

I was rooting for him tbh and up until the last 3 seasons have always loved Demna Gvasalias work for Balenciaga. But this is the same as before, only without the sense of excitement that permeated everything he did.

We shouldn't have believed that interview released as a teaser for this show. The only acceptable thing here is the evening wear, the rest can burn in hell. The tailoring is incredibly disappointing, and I don't want to comment on the weird streetwear part of the collection.

Unfortunately, I'd say that not only is Demna a limited designer, but he also relies too much on his team. That's why it's safe to say now that he plateaued with his debut collection. Furthermore, I'm not sure if this show is enough to deflect from the whole drama and to save Demna's position at the brand.

I think we're near the end of "The Demna Era" now. The only redeemable passages here are passages 50, 51 and 54:
00050-balenciaga-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00051-balenciaga-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00054-balenciaga-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

Regardless, my fear is who will come after him. Most of the designers we're left with now only either produce boring bland clothing, counterfeit Margiela or drag queen costumes.

@LadyJunon that’s what i’m worry about everytime i think about who will replace MGC at Dior. Maybe in the future, there won’t be the worst but only the worse.

I think we're near the end of "The Demna Era" now. The only redeemable passages here are passages 50, 51 and 54:
00050-balenciaga-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00051-balenciaga-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00054-balenciaga-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

Regardless, my fear is who will come after him. Most of the designers we're left with now only either produce boring bland clothing, counterfeit Margiela or drag queen costumes.
Look 25 was exquisite too!
@LadyJunon that’s what i’m worry about everytime i think about who will replace MGC at Dior. Maybe in the future, there won’t be the worst but only the worse.
For Dior, Arnault needs to steal Sarah Burton from Pinault!

Zzzzz funny how they used the sombre-ish music and walked straight down the runway like it was somehow gonna mimick Cersei's walk of atonement. Also looks like he tried to do a similar shoulder to Nicolas' renaissance stuff from 2008 but I don't feel grabbed. I love look 50 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->