Balenciaga S/S 2005 Paris

Originally posted by brian@Oct 6 2004, 07:04 PM
i also reallyreally like this jacket...

29d.jpg

:wub:
[snapback]388089[/snapback]​
love that too :heart:

I have the feeling I've seen this before, and I don't like it at all.

I really really like this...

00160f.jpg

I'm actually really feeling Balenciaga this season...

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 6 2004, 11:23 PM
I have the feeling I've seen this before, and I don't like it at all.

Spring 2003
100084487.jpg

Only the silhouettes are looser this season.

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 8 2004, 03:12 PM
Spring 2003

Only the silhouettes are looser this season.
[snapback]390513[/snapback]​

i think you need to go farther back than this...try fall/winter '01...if you're looking for some of the roots of this collection. but this sailor chic is quite new territory from him....

Attachments

• 100033604.jpeg
    100033604.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 31
Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 8 2004, 06:24 PM
i think you need to go farther back than this...try fall/winter '01...if you're looking for some of the roots of this collection. but this sailor chic is quite new territory from him....
[snapback]390523[/snapback]​

I was looking for a recent example to compare.

The Ghesquire's done v.good!

I'm really enjoying this collection - i even like the lacy dresses which is quite shocking for me cause i'm not really so into that normally but its beautifully done.

I love the long white jacket Brian mentioned it's so beautiful!

I'm quite a lover of balenciaga and am really liking what i see here :claps: :heart:

I am BALENCIAGA n#1 fan, I love the navy inspired dresses and specially the outfits worn by Eva and Michelle, HOT. Not sure about the lace dresses, too lingerie-like for the navy inspired silhuette. By hr way, i love that he kept the ballon skirt of last season and recreated them for Spring

Balenciaga ‘Le Dix’ Spring 2005

In essence, this was not Nicolas’ strongest collection but definitely not his worst. What I liked about this collection was its easiness and natural swagger. Ghesquiere used a navy captain’s suit as a blank canvass and revamped it turning in great and interesting pieces such as hip sailor track pants with a black jacket, an easy white shirt over pants, an interesting velvet sailor suit, nice tweed/studded jacket and an utterly fabulous blue striped nautical blazer. That’s not to say Balenciaga’s now trademarks were not there (i.e. tight silhouettes, football influence), but worked because their usage was more subdued this time. Giving us long and lean blazers with short and tight skirts, a jacket dress with layers underneath flowing out (which proves my point on naturalness: it was pure Balenciaga with this season’s theme) and a hot tight-around-the-waist white jacket white python print inserts.

The dresses were great and good this season. I loved the “Nicolas meets Ralph Lauren’s Prairie look” sculpted dress which were tight, controlling and flared. The pattern-slashed lace slip dresses were oozing with lounge-chic, but strictly not for the red carpet and the likes of Lil' Kim.

While the mixes such as in Spring 2003 and past collections were greater and less predictable, this is quite an achievement for Ghesquiere because he made easy, wearable clothes.

off topic:
:woot: Igniiii where have you been? missing you here :(

Thanks Lena. :flower: School, school, school.... :doh: Been missing you and everyone too. :heart:

I am striven to see men section of this Ghesquire 's collection..as you know it was very exciting 2004/05 A/W men...

Originally posted by brian@Oct 6 2004, 07:04 PM
i also reallyreally like this jacket...

29d.jpg

:wub:
[snapback]388089[/snapback]​

:shock: :shock: :shock:
stunning!!! :heart:

is there some men 's moments in this collection?

I found at CHANEL one oicture of menswear!

it is a very very strong and intense collection. very good.

I don't like it :( Too plain for me, I guess.

wonderful smart collection..he is going to gain more fans with this collection..very accessible.

strawbutterb said:
wonderful smart collection..he is going to gain more fans with this collection..very accessible.

so so true...some of those white coats with gold details reminds me of the gucci men's coat from last fall...
00017.L.JPG

Nicolas gesquire (or however you spell that lol) is now in my top 5 designers the last 3 balenciaga collections have been beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->