Blackheads

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by PrinceOfCats, Dec 1, 2003.

1. bee

bee New Member

Decleor ylang ylang oil didnt completely get rid of my blackheads but it did lessen the appearance of them. I've heard from others that the oil makes extraction much easier.

2. Vanilla_Lush

Vanilla_Lush Member

try to wash your face with a cleanser
    then a mild exfoliater
    then steam
    then use a warming mask
    then clay mask.

it may sound A LOT:blush:, but it helped me

3. tott

tott slightly dizzy

Zihr's Fix dissolves anything... It helped me with a couple of seriously clogged pores!

4. Vans

Vans New Member

Mixing one packet of salt (the kind you get in cafeterias) with some Cetaphil cleanser worked for me. I wash my face with Cetaphil and salt two times a week, and I don't have anymore blackheads.

5. lostinemotion

lostinemotion New Member

I think the money is worth the investment. Or if you can get your hands on a sample of Dr. Brandt's Pore Effect. You sleep with this cream on your face, or blackhead area at night. After about 2 days, I woke up with the black heads raised to the surface!!!!!!!!!!!! seems gross but was sooo satisfying to get them out. I just had to take a tweezer to the top and pluck out. Good riddens.

6. Reseneace

Reseneace New Member

Pure Lemon Juice! I read it on a site a couple of days ago and so tried it and they've cleared up really well! They weren't too much of a problem as it was but the ones that were have now gone!

7. Wafaya

Wafaya Member

I read somewhere in TFS that salt on the nose works miracles.. and I have to agree! I tried it a couple of days ago and i was amazing.. just make sure ur nose ie slightly damo and scrub with salt..leave it on for a while and u'll see.. Hope that helps :flower:

8. P.Peach

P.Peach New Member

I third the salt scrub. Although, I havn't ran it by my dermatologist yet. Does anyone know if it's unsafe/damaging?

9. Wafaya

Wafaya Member

i doubt that it's unsafe... unless u have a cut or a bruise on ur nose I wouldn't worry

10. Kerry

Kerry New Member

m..

Cleansing oil is really good for removeing the blackheads

11. juliekitty

juliekitty New Member

steaming is the ONLY way to get rid of them, and it also makes the rest of your complexion really glow. do it for about 10 minutes at least once a day. i know it seems like a lot but it's the only thing that has worked for me. buy one of those home facial steamer things for like $20 and presto.

12. Acid

Acid yes

who ever makes the first real product which physically gets rid of blackheads instantly without destroying skin will be a very rich man

13. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Haha. I haven't had any blackheads for nearly a year now.

I did try all sorts of things when I did though. Most of them were horribly painful.

14. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

The key is the blackhead remover. You really don't need any fancy products--your face should be nice and steamed when you get out of the shower. Just use the little tool thingie gently, and try once--whatever doesn't want to budge today will eventually, just clean the pores that want to be cleaned today. I then use a gentle (no alcohol or witch hazel) toner to help close the pores up.

What I have heard about the strips is that the adhesives they use ... clog your pores, necessitating more strips.

With the method above, no chemicals or weird stuff.

15. mabziegurl

mabziegurl New Member

too much lemon juice will burn ur skin... i have holes on my face, they look like enlarged pores because as a newborn my aunt rubbed lemon juice on my face to get rid of little bumps on my cheeks.... they are better now, but i'd stay clear of too much acid on the face.

16. liashoes

liashoes Active Member

lemon juice

Once a week I cleanse, exfoliate, and then put fresh lemon juice on my face for 5 minutes followed by a clay mask, then a mosturizing mask. When you first start using lemon juice, you must only keep it on for 2 minutes for a month, then increase it by a minute each month until you reach 5 minutes. This allows your skin to "get used" to the acid. I've been doing doing this for 2 years now and black heads have decreased enormously, but best of all I'm not getting any new ones.

One thing more: Don't use the lemon mask more than once a week.

:rolleyes:

17. goosemaster

goosemaster New Member

doing yoga, will cleanse your body and blackhead will disappear. Also your breath will be naturaly fresh and you will smell fresh.
    yoga help's to get toxins out of your body. No toxins, no blackheads. But you have to do it regular.

18. fleur137

fleur137 New Member

hey has anyone tried the Clean and Clear Blackhead scrub thing?

19. laura4eva

laura4eva New Member

^^ ive got that,it helps get rid of them but it also makes me nose really oily :|.

with the lemon juice thing,ive got a bottle of it so would i just rub it just on my nose wherre the blackheads are? or my whole face?.Would it be best to do this after or before steaming.?

20. liashoes

liashoes Active Member

yeah. Just spritz it on your nose or spritz it all over your face. I do the whole face being careful around the eye area. I also use Trader Joe's Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean face wash with organic tea tree oil and awapuhi. I love,love,love it. :woot: It really cleans up the oily spots without drying my skin out.