Britney Spears (November 2010 - March 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Weird.
They were working for me but not anymore.
I'll repost them later.

Britney has NEVER looked good in candids. I have been a fan since 1999 and her style is what I would describe as atrocious. There is a reason she ended up on Blackwell's worst dressed list nearly every single year in the past decade except the year she had a mental breakdown because he decided to take pity on her.

Examples of her awful style:

bestof2002emfodfimbgrl.jpg

Zimbio.com --> from 2002

britneyspearsvirginreco.jpg

Zimbio.com --> from 2003

britneyoutandabout2003b.jpg

Fanpop.com --> from 2003

Fanpop.com --> from 2003

This outfit from 2003 is something she would wear today, ugly boots and all:

Fanpop.com --> from 2003

This one isn't too bad, considering. You can see her cowboy boots peeking out.

Fanpop.com --> from 2003

You can see here she didn't like wearing bras back then either:
britneyrewinda.jpg

Tengossip.com --> from 2002

barbieawardsapril21st20.jpg

Fanpop.com --> from 2002

I remember this pic was infamous because she wasn't wearing a bra. Also her hair looks like crap as usual:
badhairday2002f75afeb5q.jpg

Zimbio.com --> from 2002

coffee200485rxjnrnsl.jpg

Zimbio.com --> from 2004

13857729192811357690.jpg

Southernbelledish.blogspot.com --> from 1999

Basically, her style has been awful for years. You just never noticed unless you bought People/tabloids every week. But now it's easier to notice because you can go online and see a different set of pictures every day for free. We are being bombarded with celebrity candids daily now.

Also, her hair has also been bad for years. She started wearing extensions in 2001 (you can see them quite clearly in her 2001 HBO Live in Las Vegas special) and her hair is very, VERY damaged. Again, it wasn't as noticeable until now because paparazzi camera zoom lens have gotten SO much better than they were years ago. Now we see huge HD pictures where every pore is visible; back then you got a full length body shot and that was it.

Britney has NEVER looked good in candids.
I don't think that really justifies the way she's dressing :ninja:
Also the style was very different at the end of the 90's

I think she looks good in those last candids, but the outfit would have looked better without the heels IMO

I don't think that really justifies the way she's dressing :ninja:
Also the style was very different at the end of the 90's

I think she looks good in those last candids, but the outfit would have looked better without the heels IMO

I meant her style has been awful since she first started out, except for red carpet events (she has had some great moments in Versace).

Also, every personal style outfit I posted was post-2002 (except the tennis one), not 90s. I didn't post 2004-2006 because that's when she was with K-Fed and earned the white trash label (Cheetos, barefoot at gas stations, showing her thong, bird's nest hair). 2007 was the year of the breakdown when she was wearing tight, revealing clothes and no underwear. 2008 - 2010 has been her current style.

I love Britney but I don't know any fan that likes her because of her style. Her stylist only does red carpet events and she's usually looked great. The only way she's going to significantly improve and get onto Vogue's Best Dressed is if she starts working with a stylist even when she's not dressing for the red carpet because great style is not innate with her. It was less noticed back then because we were too busy staring at her incredible body/abs.

But she's clearly not into fashion the way other girls are because she rarely goes to events anymore. In the past 2 years, I think the only events she's been to are the Grammys and MTV Music Awards. All she cares about now is spending time with her family and work (recording, dancing). You don't need to look perfect to do that.

I think Britney has an amazing body, but too bad it really doesn't translate well when she dresses up. Even when she's in the red carpet or on interviews, there's always something off. Perhaps is the just the way she carries herself.

By the way, her new single is extremely underwhelming. So many people made such a big deal of the song, even some have said it's one of the best song to come out in recent years, and to be honest I barely can even listen through the whole thing without being slightly annoyed or bored. It's cheap and mediocre at its best considering at how much hype Britney has gotten for this "comeback". Let's not kid ourselves, Britney would be the last artist we could say comes out with "quality" music, and this is no exception so I don't understand how fans can exaggerate how amazing of a song it is when it is not.

The choreography for the song is said to be amazing, but I can't even imagine the type of dancing that would be done to the song. If anything, she still has yet to come out with any choreography that would match to her I'm A Slave For You choreography. She too hasn't really come out with any music video that is even remotely amazing that would separate themselves from any other pop artists so her working with Jonas Akerlund (director for Lady Gaga's Telephone and Paparazzi) really wouldn't change a thing, unless Britney Spears happens to all of a sudden change her style completely and go for a more avante garde or more stylistically complicated video that really would come off as contrived or try hard since she's too far into her career to all of a sudden have a complete image change.

Anyways, I hope her follow up single will be better than HIAM. Or at the very least, less auto tune. Because really, in HIAM I am paying attention more to the background music than her actual singing. It's if as though her singing is actually the background and the background music is the forefront.

^ She has had a habit of stronger second singles recently, so hopefully the trend will continue. Piece of Me was better than Gimme More, Toxic was better than Me Against the Music, and Circus was better than Womanizer.

HIAM is actually not auto-tuned that much. A lot of the reviews mentioned that they expected more auto-tune (like her vocals in 3) but they were pleasantly surprised. But yes, the background music is overpowering.

I think she has 'Britney' style.
Britney never pretended to be 'fashion icon'. she wear what she wants and what Lousiana calls...
I stop to say 'OMG what the hell she wears!' and I tired. We need just to love her or hate her but its not about fashion...

^Agree 100%.
As much as she makes some efforts for her public appearances/promotion, I don't really care about that.

I find her lack of 'style' (however you define it) endearing. Whenever she needs to look her best (videos, events, photoshoots etc) she cleans up beautifully. She has had quite a few nice out & about ensembles, particularly in the latter part of 2008. What I like about her is that she isn't a people-pleaser in her day-to-day style, she's just almost anti-hollywood in the way she dresses. It's a nice change from the growing number of celebrities who need a stylist just to go grocery shopping.

Ooh vintage Britney photos :heart: we need more of those from time to time.

I wish she'd go for a more kitsch/glam kind of look. Amanda Lepore should style her!

jolienadine.com

Attachments

• britney_spears_rolling_stone1999.jpg
    britney_spears_rolling_stone1999.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 3
I want her to cut her hair like this:

106j3tl.jpg

ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

I hate her current weave and she has been doing the blonde locks look for years, with small 2-3 month breaks of brunette in between. Also the blonde she has now is too yellow/light. She needs to go back to this color:

a07f87a5BritneySpears2p.jpg

evilbeetgossip.com

This is the best I think I've seen her look on a candid.

gobritney.com

Attachments

• normal_pepsi_nobu08.jpg
    normal_pepsi_nobu08.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member