Burberry S/S 2022 London

I think it's lovely. Like the shapes. Despite the clothes looking kinda complicated, they still feel light and not overworked.. The cow-inspired prints don't bother me.

That glittery number looks really out of place though.

Love it! His best collection at Burberry so far!
There are a lot of pretentious gimmicks (the ears, backless propositions) but it felt modern, clean and desirable. The styling is great and I love how simple most of the silhouettes are!

The brown and white dress towards the end worn with a vest is my favorite silhouette of the entire season! So fresh, so sexy and yet simple. The bags and shoes are great.

I see a lot of editorial pieces but I feel like the pandemic has helped him shape his vision for the house. There’s no conflict between bourgeois and streetwear anymore. It’s one evolving vision and I really think that this collection is the perfect marriage of Tisci and Burberry. There’s a great tension between commerce and creativity.

If he manage in six months to present something as directional, without his gimmicks (no ears), he is going to have another HIT!

There are individual looks that I like a lot, but as a whole it's rather weak, especially when compared to the amazing fall show. I prefer the bourgeois direction. Whoever thought those ear prosthetics were a good idea should change job.

I enjoyed the show. I love the outerwear, they give you interesting structure when you wore them like that. And the last 3 looks are eye-catching.

He is still the best designer when it comes to streetwear that feels luxurious.

This is not a good Burberry collection, but this is a great Riccardo collection.

How can anyone sit here and say this is a poor collection? It is not for me, but I can appreciate the work. It is clear he is paying attention to the street. The products that will arrive from this collection will undoubtedly sell. He is doing a really big T-Shirt business in the US right now and those graphic/print ones will surely be apart of that.

The show was very balanced and it progressed nicely. Finally something to grasp at- two good shows in a row including the last menswear campaign. Good for him.

Never thought I'd be that person that's always commenting on the models but considering what we've seen (just Marni.. my god :sick:), I have to say, the casting here is wonderful.. the models look gorgeous and aspirational, the kind that can increase gym memberships (I mean, trashy getup but, I'd buy it if my body is going to look like that! :lol:).

Everything looks better in motion, like that last number on Irina which looks pretty uneventful in pictures, and then the tight pants, kind of in the mood for that. I haven't paid close attention to Tisci's Burberry cause every time I do, it just looks awful and like he's in charge of the costume department at Keeping Up With The Kardashians, so.. I'm pleasantly surprised by this.. looks pretty strong taking into account what he's been doing for the past 10 years.

This is finally starting to land. I think the whole thing looks elevated. And it’s fashion.

Pig ears??? For real?

This looks nothing like Burberry but some pieces are nice but not for Burberry.

The feeling I have with this collection is that Riccardo is mocking Burberry...it feels like he is fed up of being the creative director for this brand.

Last edited:
I liked it too.
but I have enjoyed all his Burberry collections so far (minus the streetwear because it doesn’t make sense to me for a brand like Burberry).

it was less chic than his previous ones and there were a lot of leggings (tight trousers??) and catsuits too. not a huge fan of those.

I don't understand the prints, i don't understand the ears (wtf is that, seems to be his new thing), and lots of this is really really ugly. It just looks like a bad collection from his givenchy days. Outerwear is great though, and i like some looks here and there, but i'm so bored by this i wish he'd just go do something else cause he can so much more than this

It's his best show at Burberry to date, for sure. Clearly moving to Milan was the right choice to make. The presentation of this collection felt so much more elevated somehow than his previous work and felt much more refined.

I love the fact that there was no jewellery/unnecessary ornamentation, and that there was a real focus on silhouette and cut. Bravo to Riccardo on resisting the call this season to include cash-grab monogram tights, gaudy costume jewellery, pointless scarves, etc. So tired of seeing all that on the runway. It's lazy and uninspired.

In terms of taste, this is lightyears ahead of pretty much everything we've seen in Milan over the last few days. After that trash Fendace show, this is a complete breath of fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->