Calvin Klein S/S 11 New York

I agree, the photographs do literally no justice to the collection - it simply must be seen in motion.
This collection epitomises the season - there's the minimalism, there's the simplicity so extreme there aren't seams, there's the drop-waist, there's the roots of the house used as inspiration. And Costa managed to make it all wearable this time.
Just the most wonderful collection.
Congratulations, Francisco *applaud*

I am actually loving this collection. It is really simple, clean and the cuts are perfect. Calvin always does minimal at is best. Francisco Costa nailed it! Love it..

Liked it, but I think Francisco have to make some changes. It's too much of the same for the past seasons. Don't evolves...

Amazing collection.
The clothes are really devine, every inch of them embrace the models body. As if they've been sewed on them. You can really see and feel the fluidity of the garment when the girls walk. It's truly beautiful. I also like the fact that the collection is full of romanticism, thanks to the dresses. On the other hand the coats add a little bit of roughness and strenght to the collection. And of the course the touches of colors give a little edge to "dynamise" the show. It's more than just a minimalist collection, its a truly refined, pure and clever one.

It's so... pure, wearable and fresh at the one time. I wasn't in love with Costa's minimalism earlier, but I think that it's something that you should grow up to.

The way that this collection moves is so stunning. Perfect, understated mininmalism is what Calvin Klein is for! Love!

On the whole this is a very strong collection and the wonderful simplicity being a staple feature at Klein, but as always there are some ill-fitting pieces.
Maybe this was meant to be, but in that case it just doesn't always work IMO.
After seeing the HQ's there were some pieces that just looked wrong, but after reading Crying Diamond's post about seeing them in movement, I watched the vid. and changed my view partially.
Some of them actualy looked great in movement and then others like the black trouser suit on Hanne-Gaby looked even worse.
Still lovely fabrics and little splashes of colour, especially the blue, make for a very desirable collection.

francisco costa has done a good job in reading the moment. this isn't a moment that calls for stylistic flourish or wild experimentation. it's houses like calvin klein and their core aesthetic that will thrive in this new environment of minimalism that phoebe has brought on us all. this type of austere and spartan collection hits the sweet spot.

This is why I don’t like NYFW as a whole. Everything seems to be more about practicality and street than aesthetics or innovativeness, which make more sense, but is so much less fun. I've never been a fan of his minimalism, for me, it never leaves me wanting more and seems.
Whatever, at least there isn’t those stupid, board + string shoes.

What strikes me is that garments like the first Jac wore, who looked hard and movement-restrictive looked incredibly light and free in motion. Details like that made me love this collection.

The soundtrack by Son House is also very special. It sets a relaxed, cozy and sensual mood in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->