Dolce & Gabbana F/W 10.11 Milan

As much as the last season felt very fresh, this looks just repetitive and uninteresting.

I thought I made a mistake and came into last seasons collection looking at those pictures...

I need those headphones too ya'll..
The tailoring is great, it's feminine, it's sexy, there's lace...it's pretty much ss10 with a few adjustments and additions here & there. I'm not dissapointed but I'm not underwhelmed. It's not necessarily safe but it's nothing new from them and tad bit boring.

I don't know why, but I love it!
It's probably the music. :heart::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Far too similar to last season's show. I'm not against continuing a mood, or concept from one season to another, but you have to make it different. Not only for the purposes of interest, but why would any client purchase anything from this collection, if they've already gotten it from last season's show?

i think this brand is heading to next level, just like Lanvin did before
the skin deep sexy is so yesterday, and all dresses they make now are intriguing with coltural issue
and i really love the new way to close the show, it's powerful
definitely it could be a new tradition of Dolce & Gabbana

I loved the finale, it was very effective. And tbh the uniformity of the clothes didn't bother me since everything looked so polished.

It reminds me of what they did with their two collections last year:

We got the Pyjama collection SS 09 and the very similiar, heavier brocade, geometric collection for FW. I can see this as some kind of deliberate move in order to create a more consistent mood and to change the image of the brand more thoroughly. The days of cheap sexiness are apparently over for this house, yet we all remember them so well.

I'm not saying that I welcome this strategy. I can understand what the brand is trying to achieve, yet it feels a bit too similiar for my taste. Granted, there are some beautiful, very sexy, non-tacky dresses in this collection. But I would like a little bit more determination, spirit and a spark.

I feels a bit like a formula. It's well-working without a doubt and surely a lot of designers have their own recipes for success as well. Yet they manage to disguise it more cleverly than Dolce & Gabbana.

I watched the youtube vid and not the livestream so I'm not sure if it was the same. But I do not like the VS-like style of the show at all, with the backstage shots and the some of the pieces not even getting shown hitting the end of the runway, they even showed the front row at one point!

It was more like watching an extended sequence from a documentary than a straightforward presentation of the looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->