Dolce & Gabbana F/W 10.11 Milan

Chanel meets Lanvin with a touch of Prada's lady-like collections from 2003-04

This looks a lot like last season... Clearly some pieces could have been preseneted last colection and no one would've seen it. But I can't help it I love it :love:

I don't know why they bother with collections like this. Frankly speaking, they achieve nothing.

Obviously they feel the need to prove to everyone that they can demure and classic pieces, without the elements of kitsch and sex, which they are synonymous with. And they have proved they can create great, wearable and classic clothes, time and time again. But in the end, what is the point? One season of this is enough.

Besides, Dolce&Gabbana without the kistch and without the sex are like Prada without irony. It just doesn't work. And although these elements might not always be successful or particularly appealing, they are what constitute the brands DNA. People don't always love Prada, but at least she stays true to herself.

I appreciate Dolce&Gabbana for what they are and I respond to the collections wherein they stay true to their aesthetic, which is, lets face it, all about sex and glamour.
They need to stop thinking too much about proving themselves and go back to glamour. I miss shows like Fall 2007 and Spring 2007!

Tis is like the second part from last season but i do´t think i´t that worse as everybody says. Some pieces are lovely, wearable, elegant, very Dolce, very Italian, which i like.

uhm...do I have to say anything?
dolcem.jpg
docle3.jpg

and this is like the same,just in different colours
dolce2.jpg
docle4.jpg

I was so tired of these tux, they seemed to be endless!
dolce4.jpg
dolce5.jpg

style.com

New ideas please!! :judge:

I really like the collection. It's very feminine (yet business with the blazers), I love to wear black (so that's a given here :D ), and I love the combination with lace. Funny though, I immediately thought of the actual Christopher Kane collection with the flower prints on some of the dresses. I know it's not the same harsh contrast, but the "hard" jackets against lace and the flowers... Dunno.
The red velvet has a beautiful colour, I hope to see more of that in fall, and polka dots are a big yay. Nay to the leopard print though.
And now I need to get my hands on this :D
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9878/31656666.jpg
Also, I love these pieces
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3323/76050669.jpg (ignoring the leopard print, but I like the idea!)
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2016/79460527.jpg (love the top)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those white maxi silk dresses remind me of Chloe :smile: they're lovely

Thank you so much for the hqs Chanelcouture:flower:, while no doubt this collection could easily have been mistaken for part 2 of spring 10 i still think it was a lovely show full of beautiful clothes that dolce makes best:heart:, my biggest dissapointment was that for the second season in a row there were no evening gowns in the finale:(, their always the best part for me

It's NOT a bad collection,but we've already seen everything of this the previous season
This is so Dolce aestethic and it will probably sell like nuts but it lacks of inspiration,flower prints and lace were already used...
But seriously better a copied collection than other Marylin Monroe prints :yuk:

^^thank you Melly5525 :flower:

^those monroe printed dresses were awful, the t-shirts weren't so bad but the dresses were vile

I sense some similarity with previous collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->