Celine Homme F/W 2021.22 Paris

This collection has grown a lot on me as time passed and I've been able to see pictures of it. This is Hedi's most fashion-forward collection in years because there seems to be more propositions and the theme is great. The pieces actually look designed and not just replicas of items from the thrift store. In addition, I saw leaked photos from a viewing of the collection and the details on these pieces are incredible. And I know that is always the go-to defense for Hedi's clothes but my jaw dropped at the details. The opening look, the looks with the fur boots (note how he kind of set the fur boots trend for F/W 2021), and the look with the red tartan skirt are strong. The logos are a set-back but I guess that is just the reality of the times.

Ultimately, it was a smart move to tap into the Tik Tok styles and filter it through his own vision [before any other brand did]. I hope he continues on the path he laid out with this show. I also think this collection will sell well.

Can you link or post any pictures you are refering to? I don't think I have seen any besides some few lookbook pictures that leaked on twitter.

I saw the lookbook I dont think I can share it without a copyright claim. :zorro: So much high quality timeless classics...yaaas

giphy.gif

I'm just glad Hedi has finally found a home.

i was expecting amazing detailing here, it looks pretty basic to me for their price point.

to be honest i never really understood the continuous raving about the quality of hedi's stuff.
sure, back in the dior homme days as brands back then used to care less about the finishings on the inside of the garment, but when you compare these details to the quality of phoebe's celine it's really nothing to rave about.

Dare I say, it is just gaudy glitter, template-produced studs and typical zips. Good luck comparing that to his Dior Homme's high-end technical lightweight and strong Egyptian cotton fabrics, laser cuts, wax finishes, 'hand stitching' and Lesage embroidery. I think people these days forgot what quality and luxury really looks like, and how much of spilled blood it costs too.

Last edited:
^As someone who's tried manouvering a groomet machine, I totally agree. It didn't look like much until I got up close.

I have to applaud the dexterity of the person who put together that appliqued leather jacket, the pattern is so complex and some of the contours are incredibly thin. That density of embroidery in the turtleneck...wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rysjxgmvx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->