Celine Mens F/W 2019 Paris

Hedi is so obsessed with being young, that he is blind to the fact that his retro clothes make young models look old. Very old, to the point of looking like they are making cosplay of grandpa´s dusty wardrobe.

This is "Peter Pan syndrome" at its worst. But as long as LVMH is paying him big bucks, this is gonna remain the same over and over again. And Slimane doesn´t care if he has become a caricature of his former self, as long as his huge ego is still praised somehow by a certain part of the industry.

So obvious...

I can look like this with quickly spending 30 minutes at Zara.
Balenciaga now does the same thing, but its far for interesting, modern and """"cool"""". He is really delusional if he thinks that he will survive the end of this decade by not bringing anything new to the table.

Saint Laurent FW2014. His least successful collection back then and this is isn’t any better.
It’s weird but it’s not as cool as before..even his spring 2019 offering was more slicker, more appealing.

He should have done a FW07 Dior Homme type of collection.

Even as a show, this was quite boring...And Hedi knows how to put on a show.

You know, I've been a devoted Hedi fan for years. I own Dior Homme and Saint Laurent pieces that I cherish and wear almost every week. I love his stuff, I really do.... but he's really losing me here at Celine. This and the debut collection is just so cold, emotionless, joyless and phoned it in. At SL even when people complained that all collections looked the same, I still saw a nice deal of thematics and exploration, even of little, every season. Not here tho. Even his showmanship, which added so much to the whole thing is missing. I mean, I would still gladly take many pieces right into my closet, but that sense of desire is getting lost. There's no urge, "gotta have this jacket, gotta have this shirt, gotta have this shoe". I rather rather scavenge hunt on ebay for vintage pieces. I think it has to do with the climate too. With Virgil, Kim, Gucci etc, I don't think he has that leading voice anymore. This feels very dated.

LVMH did a massive gamble here, and I'm afraid it might backfire hard...

Did this -nth iteration of his old routine deserve a special thread?
Not necessarily, but I know which collections to post in order to get a discussion going. I mean look at Comme des Garcons threads every season, only a handful members (mostly softgrey and runner) contribute, while dumpster fires like Celine and LV get dozens of replies, which is not necessarily a bad thing considering how quiet this forum has become in the past few years.

You know, I've been a devoted Hedi fan for years. I own Dior Homme and Saint Laurent pieces that I cherish and wear almost every week. I love his stuff, I really do.... but he's really losing me here at Celine. This and the debut collection is just so cold, emotionless, joyless and phoned it in. At SL even when people complained that all collections looked the same, I still saw a nice deal of thematics and exploration, even of little, every season. Not here tho. Even his showmanship, which added so much to the whole thing is missing. I mean, I would still gladly take many pieces right into my closet, but that sense of desire is getting lost. There's no urge, "gotta have this jacket, gotta have this shirt, gotta have this shoe". I rather rather scavenge hunt on ebay for vintage pieces. I think it has to do with the climate too. With Virgil, Kim, Gucci etc, I don't think he has that leading voice anymore. This feels very dated.

LVMH did a massive gamble here, and I'm afraid it might backfire hard...

With this collection, i wonder why he came back to fashion tbh.
Did he came back because he didn’t have anything to wear? For the money?
Like you, i don’t see any passion in this. Those are just clothes...

It's interesting to see a more relaxed and less body con collection from Hedi. While it's not for everyone He has his customer and that's who he designs for. In terms of the show at least we won't have to suffer through a 100+ collection in march. I'm very happy that designers are beginning to shift away from showing men and women together. I absolutely hate that.

Lol just like his debut at S/S 2019, the only thing that distinguishes these looks from his days at Saint Laurent is the fit of some of the pants.

Oh wow. Honestly, I didn't have any kind of expectation. I mean, after all we can agree that it doesn't even deserve a spot on the Paris Schedule but they prove me I was wrong.
The clothes looks very easy, desirable and really -really- well done. I can see a lot of young guys dying for it. Their target audience will be delighted.

Well done, Topman!

So its the same thing he did at Saint Laurent. Create well made separates that are decently styled but are absent of any idea or nuance.

It's interesting to see a more relaxed and less body con collection from Hedi. While it's not for everyone He has his customer and that's who he designs for.
Not to be a bit offensive. But doesn't his consumer already have these pieces? Like you said other than the fit of the pants I have seen this from Dior Homme and definitely Saint Laurent when he was designing there.

There's a lot from his F/W 2014 show at SL. It's softer and the pant legs are little wider but there's still that main negative aspect from his past SL shows here. It's just a bunch of merchandise parading down a runway.

We need some fashion! Especially if he's going to close out Menswear season like this. Just so somber and deflated...

Side note: Why advertise that the show would be streamed live but then make the website video player so terribly unresponsive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->