Chanel 2.55 Classic Flap Bag

I would try out different sizes or pick something that isn't a flap or downsize what you carry the day you carry your flap, structured bags aren't good for carrying a lot of things since they don't stretch at all. I personally just don't carry a lot lol so the M/L is the perfect size for me

Thank you for your input everyone, I think I'll go with the jumbo. If anyone could give me any information about this 2.55, I would love you forever. The name, price, and when/if it's available would be amazing:

M286087948574350_7.jpg

Picture credit - Leigh Lezark's thread.

I'm trying to find a black one with gold hardware from the time where coco herself was still around. anyone knows where i can start looking?

^^ eBay! I got mine on there, but it took ages of searching and waiting before I found it.
Maybe you'll have better luck :P You could also try with very high-end vintage stores like Decades.

Some (poor) pictures of my beloved piece of 1960s Chanel..

DSC05222.jpg

DSC05226.jpg

DSC03815.jpg

DSCN2274n.jpg

Thanks! StellaMare, how do you know if the bag is authentic or not?

There are guides and such online, and the seller in this case was reputable. I also have a few other vintage Chanel bags, so I am familiar with their attributes -- the quality of an authentic Chanel bag is quite unmistakable.

I am tossing up between the 2.55 reissue and the classic flap in small. I tried the medium on as well but I find the small is more elegant in its proportions. What do you think?

I'm concerned that the interlocking c clasp is a bit "look at my chanel bag". But I find the reissue is more understated and possibly more elegant but I am undecided... What do you guys think?

Also, is the chain uncomfortable after a while?

How much can you get into the small size? Is it fine for a wallet, phone keys and lipstick on an evening out?

Very much appreciate your comments, my friends don't get the need to purchase a 2k+ bag and are thus useless for these kinds of consultations!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->